• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac hydrodynamic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Maorisub - Entra

As you see in the link above, the website of Maorisub, the manufactuer of the mamba, is still on line.

But the latest voice here in Italy is that they seem to have quitted production and that the company is shutting down.

Some "insiders" have spread the voice that they might have sold their patents, designs and moulds to some "major" company. Only rumors, though. I'll have to try some further investigation.............

Airgunners in Italy are by now massively converting to the Stc kit, which seems to be the new fashionable cat's meow, from what I'm hearing around.

That stinks that they are still not in business. Is there anyone here on the forum that can make me a tovarich kit? Do you guys know if tromic sell kits?

Dylan

There are loads of after market kits out there, like Sapg says this one is reputed to be one of the best X-Power
there are other issues too like 11mm or 13mm pistons.
It is said the 11mm is easier to load for a given pressure but the 13 has the edge on power. However some kits are better suited to certain guns.
That is what I read not what I have experienced!

There are loads of after market kits out there, like Sapg says this one is reputed to be one of the best X-Power
there are other issues too like 11mm or 13mm pistons.
It is said the 11mm is easier to load for a given pressure but the 13 has the edge on power. However some kits are better suited to certain guns.
That is what I read not what I have experienced!

That does look like a nice kit!

Thanks

Dylan

Here is another method of front line attachment, I had a weld placed around my spear that acts as a stop for the slider.

Attachments

• P1040443.JPG
    P1040443.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 170
A 2mm hole in a 6.5 spear will definitely form a weak spot!
Mind you a weld could also damage the spears temper?

There is a chap on here somewhere, who used the most ingenious line fixing - he used a screw on spear head & actually drilled the 2mm hole down through the spear end at an angle to appear a few inches down the shaft.
Then when the spearhead was screwed back on in hid the knot!

There is a chap on here somewhere, who used the most ingenious line fixing - he used a screw on spear head & actually drilled the 2mm hole down through the spear end at an angle to appear a few inches down the shaft.
Then when the spearhead was screwed back on in hid the knot!

I have one like that I did but can't image it until next week.

One must debur and metal polish very carefully, along with line inspection between hunts.

Cheers, Don

Thats great if you get the image up mate because I am fed up searching the forum for it!
Hey Don did you watch the vid in my link above?

Last edited:
Hey Don did you watch the vid in my link above? Foxfish.

Sorry Fox for the late reply.I've been in moving hell for a week.:head

Yes I saw the STC clips when they were first online..... now back to moving the rock garden.....:head

Cheers, Don:friday Happy Pub day.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT