• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac Sub Motus footpockets?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Gab

Aug 4, 2011
Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried Seac Sub's Motus footpockets? If so how are they regarding quality, fit, etc? Are they good for narrow feet? I was told they resemble Beuchat's footpockets in fit.

Thanks,
Gabriel

Just tried them today in store, they were very good fit and I have slightly narrow feet with high arch. In comparison I find Mares Razor footpocket bit too wide, Omer Stingray and Cressi Gara good, but think Motus would be best for me so far. Didnt try any Beuchat. Standard plastic blades on those seem very soft.

Reactions: Mr. X
Thanks Andrej. Did you try them on with a sock or barefoot? If with a sock how thick was it? How did the footpocket size match up with your shoe size?

Tried them with 3mm sock and matched my shoe size exactly, same as omer stingray, maybe stingray is just slightly narrower, so if you have narrow feet try those if you can. My feet are on the narrower side, but not so much, 10 cm wide, 27 long if that helps.

My shoe size is 43 and fin size 43-44 fits with socks on.

Stiffness compared to Gara 3000 LD was the reason I searched the forum as I have the same dilemma, but they didn't have them in store so cannot tell.
Both are soft fins, Motus felt really soft but dont know in comparison.

No problem, I am thinking about getting those, but still havent decided, have to find and try Garas and some others.

Anybody using Seacsub Motus fins? Thinking about getting some for my son (foot size 42 - so size 41-42 or perhaps 43-44?). Would be interested in any comments on/review of them.

I read that Seasub Shout fins work well for spearing; I'm thinking the S800 or S900 (soft or medium) would be most suitable for a newbie spearo than the harder S1000 version.

Last edited:
Just bought the Motus a few weeks ago and love them. They are my first pair of fins so I have limited ability to compare to others, but they are the softest I was able to find and felt way better than the others I tried (very natural with light and medium kicking). I'm tall and lean (1.83m and 70kg) and the stiffer fins hurt my ankles. I believe the Shout are stiffer than the Motus but don't know if they use the same pocket. The Motus pockets are modular and they produce a fiberglass blade as well.

The foot pockets are maybe a smidge wider than Gara (I tried on the 3000 (not LD)) and are very comfortable. I don't have wide feet and they fit nicely. They are not super stiff on the bottom of the pocket, which I've heard limits power transmission, but I haven't felt limited and the pockets certainly don't flex/collapse with kicking. I wear the 41-42 with a pair of SEPA subline neoprene socks (maybe 2mm?). Can't vouch whether they run big or small as I'm used to American sizing (usually a 10 give or take which appears to be 40-41) so I just buy what fits.

I'm in the softer is better camp when it comes to fins unless you're built like a truck, but that's just my 2c.

Reactions: Mr. X
That's a great review, very helpful, thank you :) [I am built like a truck but my son isn't :D]

My pleasure. Glad to get the word out as I couldn't find much info on them when I was first considering buying. Soft plastic fin choices seem pretty limited.

Well, I bit the bullet and placed an order today. I found a deal offering both a Seac Sub 5mm camo wetsuit (with long john pants - my son doesn't have any fat to keep him warm) and pair of Sea Sub Motus fins for slightly less than my own Mares wetsuit cost earlier this year (and I thought that was a pretty good deal). I think the seller (in Italy) is probably the same one that I bought my Omer XXVs from several years ago.

Awesome and congrats on the deal. Would love to know what your son thinks of them. I'm waiting on my wetsuit to arrive as well (my final piece of equipment). Stupid cold(ish) water.

BTW I notice there are (at least) 2 interesting blade upgrades available for the Seac Sub Motus fins: Fibrex (a light, thin fibreglass blade) for those that like to go deep:
seacsub-motus-fibrex-fin-blade.jpg

...and (plastic) camo, which looks really good for those that like to stalk in the weed cover:
articoli.php

It's a pity that replacement blade (& fixing kits) are so expensive, otherwise I think folk would switch blades far more often, which could be fun. Too often, replacing blades costs almost as much as new fins.

I am wondering also if the Motus blades might be compatible with Beuchat fins, as they look somewhat similar. That would be a neat feature that opens up more options. It would also mean that my spare blade would suffice for both of us :D

BTW Sometime ago I bought a roll of camo "sticky-back plastic" (Blue Peter!) off ebay, enough to cover 2 Beuchat fin blades (which are both long & wide), top & bottom. It is intended for use on cars as an alternative to painting, so I'm hoping it will be quite tough. We might give that a try at some point.

The fins arrived :) but not my son yet :( EU Size 43-44 for his size 42 feet & 3mm socks. My initial impression is very positive. Happily the blades are matt/satin rather than glossy (as they appeared in some pictures) and they look pretty slick with a few small red highlight (red appears grey at depth). As expected the blades feel quite soft/flexible, certainly softer than the blades of my Beuchat Mundial Competition fins, which I would think are medium stiffness, which is what I was hoping.

The softer blades are approximately the same length & width as my Beuchat fins. They feel a bit lighter to me but I haven't weighed them.

Hey! I know this post is old but I'm looking to buy my first fins and was deciding between omer stingrays and the seac motus. How are your son's holding up after all this time? I'm looking for some softer blade because I had an ankle injury a year ago and I stop exercising for a long time (became kinda depressed, used to be a long distance runner and I was told I wouldn't be able to run the same ever again) so now my legs tire easier. I wanted a softer blade to start me off gentle. I also don't want to have to buy a new one in a few months :p so let me know how they worked out please!

Hey! I know this post is old but I'm looking to buy my first fins and was deciding between omer stingrays and the seac motus. How are your son's holding up after all this time? I'm looking for some softer blade because I had an ankle injury a year ago and I stop exercising for a long time (became kinda depressed, used to be a long distance runner and I was told I wouldn't be able to run the same ever again) so now my legs tire easier. I wanted a softer blade to start me off gentle. I also don't want to have to buy a new one in a few months [emoji14] so let me know how they worked out please!
I cannot comment about the fin blades but the Seac Sub Motus footpockets are excellent. If the Seac blades are not soft enough you can fit other blades on them I used Breier blades but I think Leaderfins or other brands should also fit (ask them).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT