• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SeacSub Driver - anyone have experience?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

arca_tern

Oct 14, 2006
Hey folks.

Looking for my first freedive watch, not wanting to do the cheap Pyle snorkel master (heard nothing but bad about quality and accuracy) and not ready to shell out $350+ on a D4F, Drake, etc.

I saw the SeacSub Driver on DiveInn and thought it looked like a great feature-set without a huge cost.

Most of what I do is in fresh water unless I'm on vacation somewhere warm, so I appreciate being able to switch between water types.

Anyone have experience with this? Is it just a re-branded version of a different common watch?
Thanks a bundle!

Hi all,

Jumping late in here but I own the green SEAC Driver and I am personally enjoying it very much.

The pros include:
  • Comparatively cheap
  • Syncs well with my PC and tracks all dives
  • Never had a serious issue with it
  • Durable (I use it for spearfishing shallow and deep)
  • Has a suggested recovery time in between dives
  • Fits well
Cons:
  • Confusing user manual. It took me a while to figure out how to turn it on and off....which is saying something in itself.
  • The dive watch does NOT come with the Syncing cable. The cable is essential to have a real value from this watch.
  • The dive watch deletes all dives if you accidentally turn it off after or during a dive. Thus, it is essential to sync your dives. The watch does not automatically turn off, and I have never had an issue with losing my dives.
  • The watch bugs at times after syncing which may reset the system settings. Not a big deal, only happened on rare occasions to me. It also completely froze once after syncing with my computer which forced me to remove and reinsert the battery.
I think for what I use the watch for, and considering the relatively affordable price, I would purchase this watch again. It does everything I want it to and more. Attached an image of how it tracks my dives and a link to the Sync Cabble. Hope this helps! Happy to answer other questions.

My only suggestion is to read the google reviews of diveinn or scubastore before purchasing from them.

Link to the sync cable:

Amazon product

Seac Sample.png

Reactions: DiveHacker
Hi all,

Jumping late in here but I own the green SEAC Driver and I am personally enjoying it very much.

The pros include:
  • Comparatively cheap
  • Fits well
Cons:
  • Confusing user manual. It took me a while to figure out how to turn it on and off....which is saying something in itself.
  • The dive watch does NOT come with the Syncing cable. The cable is essential to have a real value from this watch.
  • The dive watch deletes all dives if you accidentally turn it off after or during a dive. Thus, it is essential to sync your dives. The watch does not automatically turn off, and I have never had an issue with losing my dives.
  • The watch bugs at times after syncing which may reset the system settings. Not a big deal, only happened on rare occasions to me. It also completely froze once after syncing with my computer which forced me to remove and reinsert the battery.
I think for what I use the watch for, and considering the relatively affordable price, I would purchase this watch again. It does everything I want it to and more. Attached an image of how it tracks my dives and a link to the Sync Cabble. Hope this helps! Happy to answer other questions.

My only suggestion is to read the google reviews of diveinn or scubastore before purchasing from them.

Link to the sync cable:

Amazon product

View attachment 56440

Thanks, that was better than any review I have seen by far. I ended up buying this about a week ago, yet it is still shipping from scubastore. I will be thrilled if it functions as well as yours does.

I forgot to ask you. I did not order that cable with the watch and did not plan to either. How does it help you exactly if you would not mind explaining. I just feel like i bought the watch for the dive interval alert but if you say the cable is worth it i will def consider it.

It sucks that it seems it is crashing the watch!

And how long have you had it? It sounds like it has been holding up real well, which was my main concern with its price.

Last edited:
I forgot to ask you. I did not order that cable with the watch and did not plan to either. How does it help you exactly if you would not mind explaining. I just feel like i bought the watch for the dive interval alert but if you say the cable is worth it i will def consider it.

It sucks that it seems it is crashing the watch!

And how long have you had it? It sounds like it has been holding up real well, which was my main concern with its price.

I like being able to review my previous dives which include a graph of my decent angle, ascend & decent speed, date, water temperature, bottom time, recovery time between each dive, among a few other stuff. I keep notes as well after each dive, so I find all of the mentioned data informative enough to improve my future dives.

Yeah, the crashing after the Sync kinda sucks, but it honestly hasn't bothered me enough to regret purchasing this watch.

Pleasure to help out, happy to answer more questions either now or once you get your watch. Congrats on the purchase!

The software you show in the screenshot, does it also come for android? Or arm-linux?

I like being able to review my previous dives which include a graph of my decent angle, ascend & decent speed, date, water temperature, bottom time, recovery time between each dive, among a few other stuff. I keep notes as well after each dive, so I find all of the mentioned data informative enough to improve my future dives.

Yeah, the crashing after the Sync kinda sucks, but it honestly hasn't bothered me enough to regret purchasing this watch.

Pleasure to help out, happy to answer more questions either now or once you get your watch. Congrats on the purchase!
Thanks. It sounds like one of the more solid watches in this price range.

The scubastore thing is tough. I think you were not recommending them? I have ordered from them twice now and been happy, but it really is the only choice I have unfortunately. I suppose I could buy it off amazon and have it sent to a friend and have them ship it here though. The price was lower on scubastore so i went for it. That is a very odd aspect of it actually, sometimes I change the destination to usa and the prices are a LOT lower for scubastore stuff sent to Thailand. Not sure why.

The software you show in the screenshot, does it also come for android? Or arm-linux?
Not really sure what arm linux is, but to my best memory, the SEAC software is only available on Windows and Mac OS.

Thanks. It sounds like one of the more solid watches in this price range.

The scubastore thing is tough. I think you were not recommending them? I have ordered from them twice now and been happy, but it really is the only choice I have unfortunately. I suppose I could buy it off amazon and have it sent to a friend and have them ship it here though. The price was lower on scubastore so i went for it. That is a very odd aspect of it actually, sometimes I change the destination to usa and the prices are a LOT lower for scubastore stuff sent to Thailand. Not sure why.

To be fair, I did order the cable from them about a year ago; with no issues. I purchased the watch from Aux Vieux Campeur back when I was living in Paris. If you're happy with scubastore then that's fine, I may have lashed out against them due from my previous experience with them, where they wouldn't accept my orders. But, maybe they deserve their own thread where different customers can express their anecdotes.

To be fair, I did order the cable from them about a year ago; with no issues. I purchased the watch from Aux Vieux Campeur back when I was living in Paris. If you're happy with scubastore then that's fine, I may have lashed out against them due from my previous experience with them, where they wouldn't accept my orders. But, maybe they deserve their own thread where different customers can express their anecdotes.
I gotta say I put in a giant order, and in the meantime i had some visa issues pop up where i was living due to covid. I may have had to exit the country at anytime.

I was able to simply cancel my entire order many days after I had made it. Which is negative too as it does take them a long time to pack up orders it seems. Anyway, I was very pleasantly surprised by the ability to do that without any cost.

I can definitely see hoe they get a bad wrap though. It is basically like ordering from a robot.

I just got mine last week and after a couple quick tests, it looks like it'll check all the boxes I need for freediving and hopefully spearfishing this year. Except the software crops out almost 1/2 the info on the page and I don't see any options to fit display to window or to pan around the screen; anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it?
My monitor is 1920x1080 resolution.
Sidenote: I ordered it from scubastore and it took 2 weeks to ship from Spain, which is pretty good. I've heard it some people have had really long delays with them.
1617759576794.png

hu

I just got mine last week and after a couple quick tests, it looks like it'll check all the boxes I need for freediving and hopefully spearfishing this year. Except the software crops out almost 1/2 the info on the page and I don't see any options to fit display to window or to pan around the screen; anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it?
My monitor is 1920x1080 resolution.
Sidenote: I ordered it from scubastore and it took 2 weeks to ship from Spain, which is pretty good. I've heard it some people have had really long delays with them.
View attachment 57075
hu
I ordered it over a year ago and it's been sitting in my underwear drawer since then. I have not been able to go on vacation yet to try it. Do you need a special cable to look at the diving data on the computer? Or does everything come with it? I guess I should actually open it...

I ordered it over a year ago and it's been sitting in my underwear drawer since then. I have not been able to go on vacation yet to try it. Do you need a special cable to look at the diving data on the computer? Or does everything come with it? I guess I should actually open it...
You do need to order the cable separately, it's about $40 and looks like a jumper cable. Test it out in your bathtub or toilet?

Hi all,

The pros include:
  • Comparatively cheap
  • Fits well
Cons:

Link to the sync cable:

Amazon product

View attachment 56440

Very good review. I been using mine for more than a year. I love it and would buy again. I got lucky somehow and mine came with two cables (don’t remenber where I bought it, but it was online)

The only thing, and that is how I ended up on this thread, it un-programs itself quite often.
Seem battery is not securely in place to make contact. I read about this issue before I bought it. Now here I am looking for suggestions on troubleshooting this issue. I have tried putting some paper pieces to get more pressure in there (I read this somewhere).
It’s a minor issue, more annoying than anything, but if anyone has suggestions, they are more than welcome.

Dive safe!

Yes, I also have issues with the watch un-programming itself. It's annoying reaching my dive site only to notice the time and date are incorrect. Luckily, it only takes a few minutes to correct. And to note, I have only seen my watch un-program itself after a long period of nonuse.

As for the battery, perhaps that is why my watch has more recently been turning off on its own! I'll try your paper technique.

Separately, and though SEAC advises only to replace the battery at a SEAC certified shop, I had no choice but to replace it myself, and lost a screw. Does anyone know where I can find the SEAC Driver screws?

Thanks!

Hi!

I have the SEAC Driver watch, Overall quite satisfied but I can't figure out how to see my dive time in the log that's directly on the watch. I can see the dive time right after a dive but not in the watches log. Is the only way to see in the logbook is by having the cable to connect it on my computer ?

Thanks!

Hi!

I have the SEAC Driver watch, Overall quite satisfied but I can't figure out how to see my dive time in the log that's directly on the watch. I can see the dive time right after a dive but not in the watches log. Is the only way to see in the logbook is by having the cable to connect it on my computer ?

Thanks!
Nevermind ! Just found it and it worked!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT