• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

"Sealing" Wood

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
what are people using as a sealent for wood guns? this is a one shot deal - no oils. I was thinking of using some varethatne (spelling) that I have used in the past with sucess. anything else?

Making a "Willer" KSA Special (polespears we used to build in my garage in Saudi)

Take $15 for parts and when you're done, you have money left over to buy some Falaful to go with your fish ;-)

Willer

oil your wood.

Oil preferably, but if it's gotta be a no maintenance thing, go with West Systems epoxy, with winter catalyst for the first coat and slow catalyst for the finish or gloss coat. It's not cheap but it's the best stuff going. Except for tung oil.

sven

Listen to him...Sven's been trying to seal his wood with different things for years...apparently he found it is best to just oil that baby up:cool:

So I guess the only germane question is, " Why's your rear always in front of me when I'm oiling my wood up??" :hmm

The West numbers are 105 for the epoxy, 205 for the regular hardener and the gloss catalyst is 207.

Can you imagine! First he suggests oiling his wood, then suggests tongue oil!:p The nerve of that Sven......

Aquiles

Wait'll April, compadre... Hey, I'm almost done with my 53" hybrid! ?You quero smoooth?

( the urge to break out a smoking wood joke is just sooo strong!
:naughty )

sven

Hey Sven,

First off, break and wood should not go in the same sentence. If it breaks its no good;) Second, if you smoke while trying to break your wood, you are going way too fast :cool:
Wait till april compadre. Team Flaco will take the competition by storm! Hey I also screwed up my ankle so I may join you on the sidelines for a beer ;)

Hey spongebob where are you, back me up on this one....

Aquiles

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT