• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sebak Fibreglass Fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
fiberglass vs. carbone

for what its worth...
...two of my friends have both bought waterway fiberglass blades..stiffnes soft and medium ( I think it was...), and on Wensday we are going to compare them with my M-technic mediums...if you can wait until then, I'll be happy to give a report...

Johan

This is the same as I have got it.

If its the same company, then
why different websites,
with different products ??

Herman

I don't know, but for me their products look identical. If you compare "Teppo" monofins in both websites you can see that it's the same. Maybe that new company is more for freediving and old is for lifesaving and fin-swimmers. :confused:

Timo

My perception is that both used to be one company,
but they recently split.

The old fins will be sold by both companies,
but new fins that is created will be sold only
at the relative company. (.net or .com)

I know that that sebakfins.net is brining out a new
mono for freedivers, but I dont think that
I am allowed to give details.

(dont want to burn my fingers here)

Herman

Herman,

You obviously have heard news that I haven't. So now I stand corrected on this Sebak website and company thing.:eek:

Last edited:
Hi!

The "old" SEBAK (.com) has a new model on the way that looks like a clone of "Peter" (my construction idea) and "Teppo".
As far as I know they can't produce "Peter" and "Teppo" but I may be wrong.:eek:

Specialfins Ltd produces "Peter" and "Teppo" and I also have got information about a new mono like you Herman.

8min?

timo:

There was a guy named Timo from Finland at the Swedish champs last summer and this guy made an awesome 7.09 static.

Could it be you? (just curious:eek: )

I also heard a rumour that this guy have made 8.29 static in training but I don't know if it's true..

Anyway many swedes where very impressed of this apneist from Finland.:)

short report...

as promissed...

tonight we tested my M-technic against two pairs of Waterway fiberglass blades
my M-technics are medium and the fiberglass where rated 2,5kg and 4kg. this was, from what I understad, how much weight was needed to bend the blades to a given angle...

we tried to come up with a way of geting some sort of grading of our results, but we didnt, so we just setled for how they felt...very subjective...

the fiberglass ones that felt most like the M-techs was the 2,5kg. the stiffnes was about the same and so was the flex..what was different was that the waterways dont have the angle where they go into the footpocket. On the 2,5kg it didnt feel so strange but on the 4kg it was very noticeble. when kicking down towards the bottom I could feel the blade pushing agains half my foot...didnt like that..
the 4kg waterways gave the most thrust ( not so suprising..) but the M-technics had the best stability ( they want to go forward...)

so wich ones would I get if i was to buy new blades tomorow?...
...well, I never really understod why carbone fiber would be superior to fiberglass...the fibers are just there to give a base for the resin, isnt it? ...and they are much more fragile...as it turned out, I did like my M-techics most of the three pairs, but the price asked for most carbone fins is a little high for me...I got mine becouse a buddy owed me monnie...( thanks Micke ), so I would probably go for the 2,5kg Waterways....I didnt like the no-angle-in-the-footpocket-thing, but I'm sure that would be a no-issue after a week of geting used to it and at 99$ it seem very resonable...

I hope this helps...

Johan

Reactions: loopy
derelictp:

Yes, I was one of the guest competitors in that competition. And rumours about training results are always only rumours... ;)

Timo

Yes Timo, I belive nothing of what I hear and and 50% of what I see!;)

I belive in your 7.09 in Vagnhärad..:D

Originally posted by derelictp

I belive in your 7.09 in Vagnhärad..:D

Actually Timos and Finlands new official record is 7.34 (5.4.2003 in the Finnish Championships at Nastola)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT