• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sebak monofins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I forgot to tell you that I have a whole lot of money comming my way so I really need to concentrate on the bi-fins and monofins. I thought I narrowed the field, but once I posted and received more answers my field became much bigger. I like the good suggestions on Waterways and the Dessults, but I'm still at a huge loss. Bassed on your suggestions I found out which belt I need. Thanks! I WAS going for a normal belt. What waterway fin would you recomend?

Last edited:
After much work, I just broke the $600 budget. I've just received enough time to read the threads you pointed out. In them, it says that the sporas are not very good. Please advise. Still reviewing other fins for the sake of thoroghness. Found the belt I need with your help. Looked in the phone book, but only found the same dive shop that I got my scuba gear from, and they do not carry freediving stuff.

Hi anon,

Congrats on the budget; that's more than enough. I think you might be misinterpreting the comments on dessaults, they should be very good for you as a starter longfin (if they fit your particular feet) plus, you can upgrade to hi tech blades later. Again, if there is any way you can try before buying, it is likely to save you alot of aggrevation.

Connor

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to reread the posts and try to understand my misinterpretation. What kind of feet to the sporas fit?

anomymous3 said:
Thanks for the info. I will be sure to reread the posts and try to understand my misinterpretation. What kind of feet to the sporas fit?

Hey Anon,

My spora footpockets fit me fine, but do cramp my arches a little after prolonged hard kicking. Anyways, they seem to fit me well, all things considered, and I have a wide 12US foot. If your foot is wide, it should be alright in a spora footpocket.

anomymous3 said:
Thanks for the insight. I have a size 8 1/2 foot. Never heard of a "wide foot." How wide is it?

Just so you know, when I say "wide foot" I don't know for sure in any terms of measurement how wide my foot is. I do know that a lot of shoes I try on are too narrow for my feet, so that must mean something... :duh

Another thing to consider is if the footpocket is slightly too big for you either in length or width, you could go so far as to add neoprene or something similarly conforming to take up the extra space...or put on an extra sock? It's harder to compromise this if the pocket is too small...you're stuck with what you have.

Last edited:
Thanks! How would one go about putting that in a footpocket? And where would one get the neoprene?

The 'adding neoprene' suggestion was actually from the "Manual of Freediving" book, that was recently released. I haven't actually done it myself, although it's not a bad idea if a footpocket isn't exactly 'snug' in certain areas. I imagine some industrial adhesive would do the trick. As for actually getting the neoprene, perhaps purchasing some cheap socks and using them would do the trick? Or...just wear the extra socks perhaps?

Then again, you could bypass all this and just get a good fitting footpocket.... :hmm Just kidding, I know the frustration you're going through, as I really couldn't try too much before I went and bought my first pair. I got lucky with my Sporas, as they fit me pretty well.

If push comes to shove, I'm sure the Scubastore would help you out with finding a good fitting fin. I know when I had footpocket size issues, they sent me a correct fitting pair, no questions asked. So maybe if you emailed them in advance, explaining your situation and your concerns about proper fit, they might be able to help? They say that "wrong size" is a valid reason for a refund...

http://www.scubastore.com/eng/faq.asp

At any rate, good luck! I hope this newbies advice helps you out at least a little. :duh

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT