• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sebakfins fiberglass fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
How much you paid for blades? Does they make any problem coz of length while spearfishing? Or they are for bluewater hunting?

Skin,

Freaking amazing!!!!! I'm definitely impressed. And to think I was whining about standard length Waterway #4's being too stiff. Now see, to me that's what this Forum is all about, learning that things outside our own personal little world might just not be the way we think they are. My hat's off to you!

Scott T.

awww Tedski!

Hey Ted! Major props on the visual play-by-play on fitting your blades to the footpockets!!:inlove

I'm in the process of beating the beejeezus out of my OMER Comps in anticipation of assembling my Matrix#3's to a pair of OMER footpockets to do a side by side. I'll be putting both through some serious bottom work in a couple of weeks at my Ab Grab, attended by a couple of the more manly Keyz Kraze attendees and will give youz guyz my thoughts post thrashing.

Unfortunately and in spite of promises and assurances from the Sebak show, their fins haven't made it to my door and it's real tough for me to give my impressions about something that isn't in my hands (or feet) and when the head guy tells you three times it's in the mail, well... :hmm

matrix blades and Omer pockets

Hey IP

The Matrix blades fit 110% better than factory to the Omer pockets. There is no guesswork or compromise. Stay away from sticky stuff or cutters or clippers etc. You only drill two holes for the screws. Period.

They have a great rubber side rail which mimics the T shape on the plastic competition blades for the footpocket side rails to locate on. If you have the footpockets with the plastic clips at the ends of the rails for keeping it all together they work perfectly too.

Dont be tempted to cut the pocket rails any shorter. Dont be tempted to drill holes in the edges of the blades to put a cable tie through to hold the side rail on. Its not 'necce'.

They have a nice big side wash rail on the blade too. Keeps the thing kicking straight and smooth. No 3's are a bit sissy ... but then what ever blows your hair back :)

Skin.

Reactions: icarus pacific
I got yer sissy...

Sissy...:girlie Yeah.

I figured I'd give the #3's a try and go from there. As most of my freediving is 60' and up, with more time on the surface than anywheres else, the flex of the #3 ought to keep it in the water. If I move FL way, I'll most likely offer them up here and go for #4's.

Re: matrix blades and Omer pockets

Skin, glad the longer fins are working out well for you. I'd like to try the long ones myself.

As far as stiffness goes, it really depends on what you do with them. I certainly like to use 5's for powering to 100 ft+, but I couldn't do that all day. The no 2's or 3's are much more comfortable for spearfishing all day long. So I STILL maintain that people should not hastily get macho and assume stiffer is better.

Paul V.
20Fathoms

Re: Re: matrix blades and Omer pockets

Originally posted by PaulV
So I STILL maintain that people should not hastily get macho and assume stiffer is better.
Paul V.
20Fathoms

I've been saying that for years... hope it's been working better for you than me. :blackeye

Horses for courses

Yes Paul and IP.

I should have clarified better. Whenever i choose a fin i choose it for the hardest work i can expect to do in their given purpose. For me this is powering back from 60m. I didn't buy these fins to potter around in 20m of brine all day long.
Then, whilst i dont work it to the max all the time, when i want it to perform i want it to perform.
So i prefer to over fin myself and adapt my strength, endurance and diving style to the softer work in between.
This way i get used to the harder than generally required fin.

Softer fins obviously have their place and most people will do well to use them. I dont recommend longer than standard to anyone especially if you are spearing. They will get in the way and they cycle slowly.
Like i said i am a cross current swimming and obviously 'macho' alien...

regards
Skin

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT