• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Set a national record!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi everybody!

First of all I have to correct what Said (freediver 81) just posted. The competitions are under AIDA ISRAEL - FDI. Organised by FREEDIVE DAHAB. AIDA SWEDEN is not involved.

The event is prociding pretty much as planned. We had to turn some diciplines in to competitions to avoid delays due to organisation problems. But this just gave us a little extra thrill. No neck weights, fluid gogles or noseclips as planned, but on the other hand a chans to get on the ranking for this year!

Weather conditions have not really been to our benefit. Windy and wawy. We have faced some problems with the platforms due to this. Yesturday morning we all arrived one houer earlier to the Blue hole. This Because Alex had to do his last record attempt before his flight left for Russia. Something we all should thank him for, since one of the platforms was loos and slowly floting away.... If we had arrived one hour later the platform might have been in Saudi Arabia... rofl

Lotta :)

Re: Competions results!

Freediver81 said:
Bill Strumberg Constant No Fins 50m -New swedish record! Bill is now ranked no.1 in the world based on competitions!!!Said :)

What about Wolfram Neugebau 56m in Cyprus?

Though the results out there are great, looking forward to hearing about the uk contingent!

Ranking is done by the sum of points from various disciplines in competitions done the same year or something of that sort.

EDIT: or maybe not?

keep on having good time down there y'all. :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
There were 2 successful record attempts today the 2-12-2004

Erez Beatus- 55m constant weights-New Israeli record!!!

Natalia Molchanova- 76m variable weights- New Russian record!!!

Goodbye

Said

Wolfram Neugebau's 56m dive in cyprus was a great dive but it was done in a constant weight competition so it is ranked as a constant weight dive, and Bill Stromberg's dive was done in an unassisted competition!!!!

Congratulations on everyone's successful dives and progress!

One note about the constant weight without fins ranking numbers -- when more regular cwnf competitions are held in the future, being ranked number one will really mean something. Last time I checked, there were only four or five people on the men's list? Not to take away from Bill's great dive, but this category is still under development. Same with the free immersion category. When the number one ranked person is more than 15 metres off the world record, it doesn't really say much.

I look forward to more cwnf competitions in each country so that we can develop a more meaningful ranking list.

It's also nice to see Erez back in action!

Pete Scott
Vancouver, BC

i'm afraid the UK will be stuck with the 76m record for a little while longer... :)

i did 4 training dives and one official record attempt during my week in Dahab. unfortuantely i was plagued with equalisation problems throughout the entire week. the deepest i went was 77 (although my D3s said 78 :) ). i must admit i was quite pleased with that dive because the sea conditions were particularly bad on that day and i was feeling stressed out. i made an official attempt to 80 on my last day (sunday 5th) but i really messed up my equalisation and turned at 72.

but to be honest i really wasn't that dissappointed with my diving because i had such an enjoyable time there and met lots of great people - from Sweden, Israel, Russia, Germany ... oh and Italy. i went to the Apnea Academy centre in Sharm where i met Umberto.

i'll try to upload a couple of photos later.

Finally over....

This 2 weeks has been really great. I am most thankfull to all the people that have been here helping out to make this event happen! some fantastic freedivers from Sweden that came for training and vacasion. I don't think they ever worked so hard on a vacasion before....
Sverker, Jonas and Carina, we couldent have done it without you!
From Israel we had the great rope puller Said!!! I which you were hear on the 5th.... When Bill and I alone had to pull up 116kg from 94m.... (no worries, we are still going strong :duh ). Also from Israel Ira with here magic fingers that effectivly releved us from all pains... and her son that cought a falling tank and saved us a lot of money.
From Germany came Andy. With your 50+ Cw your efforts as a deep safetydiver was unreplasebel (untill Alun arrived....) And your moral suport I really needed.
Erez (israel), Bill and Sebastian (sweden) where doing a massive job as judges together with me. (I don't recomend anybody to be organiser, athlete and judge during the same event... Only if you don't need to sleep at all and don't get affected by stress.... ) The last day I had to cansel my attempt due to my strong abbility to get uppset when things are not running well.... When a delay of one houer due to late tech divers (time missunderstanding) left me with 30min to my official top (10min before Aluns) and the doctor is still not there because the taxi didn't pick him up, and the oxybox was left at the dive center and all judges and athletes has to leave the Blue hole in 1 HOUER to catch ther flights... I´m getting a little nervose. fortunatly the doctor came with in minutes in an AMBULANCE... and I swem out with an oxybox I borrowed fro the tech divers, I had 22min to official topp... I Choose not to do my dive.

Results from the event is:
free imersion
Lotta Ericson 66m
Natalia Mulchanova 65m
Bill Srömberg 68m
Alex Mulchanov 66m
Erez Beatus 61m
Jonas Lindqvist 38m No record
Sebastian Näslund DQ late start

Unassisted
Natalia M 43m!!!!
Lotta E 38m
Bill 50m
Sebastian N 48 No Record

CW
Lotta E 52m No record
Alun Georg 71m No record
Bill S 63m No record
Erez 55m
Alex M, DQ for rope violation.

VW
Natalia M 82m
Alex M 76m

We learn a lot each time we do some thing and each time it will get better. So also for this event. Next time (maybe end of May...) we will be even better perpered.

Thanks again all of you!!!!! rofl

Yours Lotta

thanks especially to you Lotta for organising the entire event! you did a great job!!
i'm already looking forward to coming again next year!

Your welcome Lotta and thank you for organising the competition so well while you could have trained in that time and thank you for giving us a great time in Dahab!

You can call me anytime and I"ll be glad to come and help or just to freedive with you!!!
If it weren't for you we wouldn't have met all those great people from Sweden, Wales, Germany and Russia! :wave

I'm very sorry that you had to work that hard although you were also competing and I know that everyone is thankful for organising such a great competition and for giving us a great enjoyable time in Dahab!!

Take care and keep in touch!!

Say hello to Peter and Robin! :wave

by the way! Anyone who is going to dahab I would recommend they use NUBIA HOTEL, its a great hotel with cheap prices and great staff!

Said :)

Last edited:
I'm having problems uploading pictures from the event!

is there a limit on the size of the pic?

There is a limit. Image has to be smaller than 1024x1204 pixels, the upper file (bytes) size is very large so that shouldn't be a problem.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT