• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

sexual arousing during contractions

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi all. I'm beginner in apnea. I knew extreme apnea since some days after getting this link. I havn't understand all the topics but I have learned about lung packing and buccal pumping. I use lung packing to the max to practice diving simulation in stairs. I have to buy a chronometer to get into other exercices. arousing happen when in simulated dives I'm going up in the stairs with tremendous contractions. At the end of the simulated ascent I get the feeling that if masturbate I will can hold many and many more contractions.

Stephan Whelan said:
However we do encourage discussions around this topic, just so long as it doesn't get too graphic. We do have numerous young members on these forums, both registered and lurkers so please bear that in mind when posting.
Then I am just going to describe my case...

I remember dicovering the joys of apnea in the sea or in a lake two years ago...

As a beginner I didn't dive deeper than 10-15 m ; I was not optimally weighted... I was a bit afraid of the dark and I didn't master the freediving techniques...

I remember of very short but intense feelings of joy when I began to ascent and see again the light of the sun... Being at the same time afraid and awkward made me appreciate at the highest point the value of being alive... The few seconds while ascending were intense, as if connecting me again to the sun, to the life,...

I must say that these intense feelings are beginner's memories and belong now to the past... as if mastering the freediving techniques, feeling more safe and secure were diminishing the intensity of my feelings...

Nowadays, I highly appreciate freediving but I pay more attention to the outside world ; I am more conscious of myself... ; in addition, I pay more attention to other freedivers in the water...

in conclusion : sexual arousal is connected with the charm of novelty....

Gladisse said:
I use lung packing to the max to practice diving simulation in stairs. [...] arousing happen when in simulated dives I'm going up in the stairs with tremendous contractions. At the end of the simulated ascent...
I cannot sympathize with your expirience but I have done some diving simulations in the stairs and in such extreme hypercapnia I usually get the feeling in the very last phase as if most of the muscles in my body are shaking - eventhough they don't as far as I can tell. This feeling is more accentuated in "ringular" muscles in my body. Maybe that's the source of your arousal?

Cornholio said:
This used to happen to me all the time - it was often exceedingly embarrassing. I have found that since embarking on a regular training programme the frequency of occurrence has reduced. Now it is the exception rather than the rule...

I'm sorry, but this has to be one of the saddest "over-training" stories that I have ever read.

Hope you get your game-face back, C-man.

Hello all of you .. and foremost the french lady who brought to us all this really amazing theme:) what a fresh breath of air after all the study of no warmup no breathup theories and training experiences .... they never get THAT refreshing :)

I just wonder ... reading that one of us has done static after "PG21 experience" ... when somebody tries apnea "PG21 experience" all the way :)
Well .. that might be a whole bunch of fun.

To the topic ... I never felt like that, static or dynamic ... even though I have done that stair simulation thingy (5 levels down and up .. up way running like crazy) and the only thing I felt was almost losing the grip on reality at the end ...

Maybe you can try relaxing your body muscles during contractions as much as possible ... I mean .. not helping the contractions with your mind controlled muscles .. I think it could change a lot:)

Good luck to all of you

and ...... nice Thread :)) reallly

Well there was the time that I was doing a wet static with two young ladies in bikinis splashing around me, I did my 5.00 PB that night! :t

But I think my training buddy was worse off, while he was doing his static the 2 ladies in question didn't know what was going on and actually stepped over the top of him where he was hanging on to the underwater step. I was silently praying that he'd come up at that point, then I think I confused him with my multiple taps :)

It's interesting what Glenn mentions, i've been curious about this for some time but not posted anything. I remember back in sex-ed at school we were told that immediately after a man has done his thing, apart from the sensation of feeling like a bacon sandwich and watching some tv, the body actually releases a chemical that makes the man drowsy which is why it can be quite easy to nod off to sleep. I cannot for the life of me remember what this chemical is, but if anyone know's what i'm referring to please speak up.

I guess in the field of apnea this small sensation of drowsiness could help breath holds along, though i've done no research on this (too busy looking for that bacon sandwich :) ).

Who knows, maybe future apnea competitions have a little "privacy" tent on the side of the pool rofl

Cheers,
Ben

BennyB said:
I cannot for the life of me remember what this chemical is, but if anyone know's what i'm referring to please speak up.
Speculating: Endorphins?

DeepThought said:
Speculating: Endorphins?

Really good guess, IMO. The only problem I can imagine is that when trying to dive/ avoid SWB/ takepicturesshootfish, etc. a high degree of concentration is needed. Distractions of the sort discussed here might get you drowned. Can't be havin' pretty ladies peggin' out like that, what? :hungover

So in theory...

If a little, for lack of cheesier term, "Gettin' Jiggy wid' it" releases opiate-like Beta-endorphines (which indeed are released by both male and female post-coitus [for lack of nerdier term]) and helps you relax enough to get your body winding down to sleep-level conditions...one might see a reason to keep a tent, some pillows, a Best of Barry White 8-track, and a significant other on the barge when out on a dive.

Your girlfriend/boyfriend might be to freediving as an anesthesiologist is to surgery.

Except with an anesthesiologist, you might actually count all the way to 10 before you're ready to go under...zzz (I tip my hat to Alison's post #27)

heh-heh-heh.

Oh, the things we'll do for apnea research.

BennyB said:
Who knows, maybe future apnea competitions have a little "privacy" tent on the side of the pool rofl

Cheers,
Ben

rofl rofl

My fiance' told me that God gave men enough blood to run their erectile tissue and their brain, but unfortunately not at the same time.

Probably why it only happens after a good breathup.. rofl rofl

:D

island_sands said:
rofl rofl

My fiance' told me that God gave men enough blood to run their erectile tissue and their brain, but unfortunately not at the same time.

Probably why it only happens after a good breathup.. rofl rofl

:D

Girl, he wasn't whistling Dixie with that one! However, I am inclined to suspect that there is good reason for it. In the pre-Pill days, if a guy actually thought about what he was likely to be in for, would the species even exist any longer? And I happen to really like kids . . . most of the time.

I think one of these chemicals that contribututes to feeling tired after a pg21 or in my case a pg31 :duh is Phenylethylamine and the production of dopamines. .Phenylethylamine,is a neuroamine found in chocolate, is mostly metabolized before it reaches the central nervous system. However, it also occurs naturally in trace amounts in the brain, where it releases dopamine, producing an antidepressant effect. :chatup

I get this all the time. In fact this is the reason I hold my breath. In my case the longer the breath hold the better the experience. However breath holding alone does not always bring on the pleasurable experience. I normally start with the pleasurable experience the breath hold to intensify and enhance the experience. Sorry if this reads funny but I am attempting to keep the PG-13 rating. Email me at shaunbreath@hotmail.com if you would like the full story. Shaun

What about those of us who don't get contractions?

Are we missing out on something?! :hmm

naiad said:
What about those of us who don't get contractions?
Come on, you can't have no contractions AND sexual arousal, that's not fair!! :rcard

I don't need contractions for it to work.

On another note I used to be able to get aroused though holding a chin up position to the point of a 'no hands' episode. I haven't tried that for a while that is why I said used to.

Maybe I am just weird. Or maybe I should hold my breath while doing a chin up??

Shaun

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT