• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

sexual arousing during contractions

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Shaunbreath said:
On another note I used to be able to get aroused though holding a chin up position to the point of a 'no hands' episode.
Shaun

rofl rofl

you guys are cracking me up... is that when you are reading a magazine? Diver Girl perhaps? :D

Jeez , I find that cold water has a powerful, "de-arousing" effect on me.
you guys must have really warm suits or are in warm water.

Huan said:
Jeez , I find that cold water has a powerful, "de-arousing" effect on me.
Maybe that's why our training pools are always so cold - to keep things under control! ;)

Hmmm... 9 deg C here at the moment - the only wood in the water is my Pelagos :)...

Wow! What an interesting thread. It has the virtue of being both interesting and enticing.
On the subject of 'kundalini' - I have a close friend who has experienced a profound and sustained Kundalini awakening - she regards it as the phenomenological aspect of a much deeper shift in the 'axis of identity' - and really regards the 'physio-kundalini' aspect as secondary.
Personally I think it was largely her capacity to fall all the way through this 'shift' or 'awakening' which accounts for the completely benign nature of the phenomonological aspect. She was allmost immediately cured of a longstanding condition and continues to enjoy increasing well-being but - as I mentioned - her position in relation to all of that is radically different.

Portinfer - great line! It's 3c here - 9 sounds like bathwater

Shaunbreath said:
Funny, I only had one person contact me regarding this. I thought there would be many more from my experience on the web. I didn't even hear from Gladice.
rofl rofl rofl
You restore my faith in human nature :D
I think they may all be afraid that your really a second hand wetsuit salesman rofl

Reactions: BlueIcarus
This all sounds very similar to the wildly dangerous practice of autoerotic stangulation, which apparently kills a lot of people every year, mainly young men.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoerotic_asphyxia[/ame]

Niall

Sometimes in the last few seconds of a max static or dynamic the urge to breathe turns into an intense, almost pleasant feeling. This is a sign that I am at the limit - it once happened in the last few seconds before a blackout. It only happens rarely.

Just for the record, I do not do this on purpose!

Lucia

I have a sense of this - which I'm not sure I can articulate very well - but I suspect there is probably some science to back it up.
Essentially it reminds me of the work with intense sensation in Hatha Yoga wherein the sensation/energy/bioelectricity builds and seeks the path of least resistance. ( I think this is why so many Yoga classes are archly libidinous - the knowlege of what then to do with the energy is missing) Several people have mentioned moving the contractions - or confining them to the abdomen. This indicates a capacity to shift the localization of these very intense sensations. I'd hypothesize - based on some experience - that there is a kind of sensory overload taking place - though also a capicity that can be extended.
You can notice this in other ways too - for example if you've an upset stomach sometimes other forms of discomfort can make it worse or better.

Considering apnea practice in relation to Kundalini arousal is an interesting road to go down. the implication would seem to be there is a build up of potential as a result of extended suspension of breathing.

well may I comment here something. Contractions of all sorts are originating in same area of our brain, be it vomiting (as if being sea sick), ejaculating or urgency to breathe. Some people who got over extreme sea sickness know the fenomena of being unable to bring their PG21 experience to its contracting end, simply because contractions of any nature have been severely inhibited while fighting off sea sickness. My guess having freediving contractions may very well be bringing someone close to another sort of contractions, naturally. I'd say this is counterproductive, like someone said - blood needed elsewhere. I tried thinking pleasant things doing tables but quickly found that thoughts shouldn't be anywhere past PG13 or I am about to BO untimely.

Peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: trux
Well for me it's not during but after and the other half is happy and not complaining round fifty madam yes please sir lol but I think it's to do with the depth of relaxation and possibly what chemicals have been released during the training and what Neurological path ways have been switched on. The other reason my be stress we are surrounded in a world of stress work family rules and when we train we are at some of the deepest points of relaxation any of us achieve hence allowing our primal instinct to surface more easily After all every living thing on this planet is here to reproduce first and foremost

Koga

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT