• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Shaft with multiple sharkfins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jamesjim11

Jun 24, 2020
I currently own a roller 95 cm and i was wondering if i could use a shaft with 4-8 sharkfins placed all over the shaft ,so that i could use my speargun in all ranges ,from rocks to open water (from 1m until 5m range) could this happen ? would this affect the accuracy ? currently the only gun which has almost this logic is matador
here is a screenshoot http://prntscr.com/t5ilh8 pathos roller shaft 7mm has 4 sharkfins
20190419052418_ROLLER_MAIN.jpg

Isn't 3 enough? Some (e.g. Salvimar, Rob Allen) but not all (e.g. Apnea) roller spearguns allow the pre-tension to be adjusted quickly, to a greater or lesser extent. The Salvimar's open holes for the single circular band seems particularly versatile.

I have a 95cm Apnea roller. With a bit of thought, I think it could be rigged for quick pre-tension changes too.

The spear would likely be quicker and easier though. Interesting idea.

I think I'll carry a second smaller, slimmer, faster tracking Speargun on my float for now though. Let us know how you get on.

Isn't 3 enough? Some (e.g. Salvimar, Rob Allen) but not all (e.g. Apnea) roller spearguns allow the pre-tension to be adjusted quickly, to a greater or lesser extent. The Salvimar's open holes for the single circular band seems particularly versatile.

I have a 95cm Apnea roller. With a bit of thought, I think it could be rigged for quick pre-tension changes too.

The spear would likely be quicker and easier though. Interesting idea.

I think I'll carry a second smaller, slimmer, faster tracking Speargun on my float for now though. Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for your reply, the issue is that my roller gun is really powerfull , and i wanted to check if there could be any alternative in order for me not to buy a second less powerfull gun for rocks.Iv checked many many guns , only matador and pathos roller can adjust their power by a lot. The only think that i can do to my roller is to find a shaft with different sharkfins (sharkfins distributed in different places of the shaft and not only at the very end since it would be really powerfull which i dont want,and the only shaft i found with that kind of distribution is from pathos ) but my question is if my idea could work and if yes would the accuracy be affected ?

Reactions: Mr. X
I expect drag on spear and mass will increase but you have a very powerful roller, so may be ok.

Compared my 90 cm spear gun and 95cm roller today. It is has about 10 cm of extra band travel due to longer muzzle and reverse trigger' so it has more like 100cm power, even without the roller mechanism! Maybe 110-120 power with roller? More?

I expect drag on spear and mass will increase but you have a very powerful roller, so may be ok.

Compared my 90 cm spear gun and 95cm roller today. It is has about 10 cm of extra band travel due to longer muzzle and reverse trigger' so it has more like 100cm power, even without the roller mechanism! Maybe 110-120 power with roller? More?
thans a lot !

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT