• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Shark! A diving/hunting game for the PC. Any info?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tommy Engfors

Jul 29, 2003
Just browsed the various computer game sites out there. Found A game called 'Shark! Hunting the great white'.

It is a 'first person' diving game, where you buy gear, dive off this boat (or the shoreline) and explore wrecks (among other things).

While doing this, you also hunt fish, one of them being the king of sharks (white and great they say). Success brings more money (in career mode), which is then useful for purchasing the more advanced diving hardware (better spears, bigger tanks, more efficent fins etc). When you are not hunting fish, you are doing other things, like assisting submersibels in trouble, or collecting valuable objects found at the bottom.

The entire game enviroment is rendered in typical 3D. I have only managed to find one review of this game, which pretty much stated it was a fair low price title ($20 at the time of release, March 2001).

The game caught my attention because it is about diving. I am not sure if it's good. So I am wondering, has anyone in this forum played this game? On paper at least, it sounds like a fun 'beer and pretzels' type of game. Anyone who actually tried it?

I have added two screenshots (included below), plus a link to the review.

Can't seem to find the company site (maybe this title can no longer be obtained even).

Any input would be of value thanks.

Click here for the Games Domain game review

shtgw10.jpg

shtgw8.jpg

Reactions: donmoore
I never heard about this one.Seems to be cool.
I played '' Blue Water Hunter'', its old and basic now, but I had a lot of fun!

RCC

Reactions: donmoore
Just a bit of info for anyone who might still be interested;

A bit of research has revealed that the game was published by Wizardworks (more famous for their DeerHunter series).
Today Wizardworks itself has been bought by Atari (former computer manufacturer, but now revived as a software publisher).
All support and mention of older Wizardworks products has been removed (including this scuba game). All links are simply redirected to the Atari website.

If this game can be found at all, it will mostly likely be on ebay or similar.

Oh well.

Good thing I still have Pitfall II on tape somewhere (for my Commodore 64).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT