• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Shark Shooting

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SpearoPimp

Jun 9, 2004
Donmoores shark story makes me have to ask__ IF you Have to shoot a shark because its trying to bite you, where is the best place to shoot it? Someone told me in the nose b/c all its sensory organs are there but i'v heard of other places too. What if its coming head on at you and you don't have a shot from the side?

well being htat you are in Miami you probaly will encounter Bulls and Tigers, and i wouldnt be too picky as to where to shoot as long as you hit the shark. although i dont advise shooting a shark, i would rather prod it with my speartip. but if you had to shoot it go for the snout, gills, the "soft" underbelly. but a prod in the eyes should also do the trick.

luckily i havn't encountered a big bull or tiger, only a big hammer that didn't pay attention to me.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT