• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

shin fin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
rofl can you imagine what you'd look like walking across your beach in those ;)

Dont know how efficient these may be but full marks for innovation.

Surprise, surprise; I ordered some of these from that exact site about a year and a half ago. Quite simply, they SUCKED. They do propel you forward MARGINALLY faster than without fins. BUT, if you use them while wearing a monofin, you actually go SLOWER and LESS EFFICIENTLY than without them (they advertise that you should use them at the same time as the monofin).

I imagine a very good dolphin kicker, using the shinfins only, might go at a reasonable speed.

Anyone want to buy mine for USD$40?

Hi Eric,

I'm the designer of shinfin fins and would like to respond to your comment. Actually, it is a pity you didn't contact me directly when you had problems with your fins - as we can usually sort out any issues and we do follow up our customers by email to offer guidance if required. We also offer a full guarantee and are an honest company with many happy customers.

Shinfin fins are designed for freestyle, dolphin and backstroke kicks (not breaststroke). Using shinfin fins most efficiently with monofins does require some experimentation with the shinfin position on your leg, so that the shinfin and monofin blades match up in the power and return kicks. They tend to transfer more power to your bigger muscles in your thighs and torso and reduce strain on your ankles and calf muscles. It may also take a bit of time to develop and strengthen for this modified technique.

But I believe the benefits are there to add extra performance to monofins. I am happy to work with you (or any other customer) to achieve this.

Cheers,
Marc

Reactions: DeepThought
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT