• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Shock absorber

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You don't need to speak Spanish to follow this chap's explanation on tying a muzzle bungie:

[ame=http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=-9008747369544968211&q=el+tonto+los+meros&total=48&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4]NUEVO_FUSIL_SNAKE_DE_SEATEC.avi[/ame]

Last edited:
I wonder if an angling store, auto-parts/motorcycle shop, Home-brew store or pharmacist/Boots might have something suitable? A good hardware store should carry something suitable -- not sure if we have any really good hardware stores left in the UK though (B&Q? There are some amazing hardware stores in the US - even the small ones seem to carry a much, much wider selection of products than the super-stores in the UK, & of course their prices are usually much better too). Chandlers? Anything suitable used with aquariums?

I used to have a motorbike with fuel pipes and carburettor overflows of black rubber of similar diameter to muzzle bungees. Something like silicone tubing might work too. Saw box loads of the stuff in a medical supply store inside a US hospital - probably harder to find and more expensive in the UK.

Last edited:
i have just bought 25 yards of latex tubing for £6 on ebay, apparantly used on car etc wind screeen washer bottles. i hope to recieve it 2morrow

i've been to a chandler, motorcar spares shop do it all, and are local fishing tackle shop no luck, think i will go to one of these fetish sites on the internet and see what they got lol

I still dont know exactly what you want & I did offer to send you some at P&P cost only!!
However if you want to but from Ebay there seems to be plenty selling elasticated cord or bungee - [ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3mm-Strong-Elastic-Shock-Cord-bungee-x-10-meters-BN_W0QQitemZ120476981242QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=25012e8b11e0a0aad222d402ffc47a63]3mm Strong Elastic Shock Cord bungee x 10 meters BN on eBay (end time 03-Nov-09 22:07:29 GMT)[/ame]

I think Pembrook is after the same stuff the omer/cressi/rob allen etc..... bungee's are made from which funny enough is exactly what im after at the moment :)

I still dont know exactly what you want & I did offer to send you some at P&P cost only!!
However if you want to but from Ebay there seems to be plenty selling elasticated cord or bungee - 3mm Strong Elastic Shock Cord bungee x 10 meters BN on eBay (end time 03-Nov-09 22:07:29 GMT)
Hi Foxfish, I think they want elastic (e.g. rubber/silicone) tubing of some kind, so that the strong main cord can be hidden inside, like the RA & beuchat bungees...like these on forum member MCerieiro's new on-line website: http://www.blue-factory.net/shopping/category.php?id_category=9

Last edited:
I just got some Beuchat shock absorbers in today and should be up on the website below tomorrowish :).

image_1237294569.jpg

Hopefully this is what people are looking for.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT