• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

shopping in the deep blue

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

anton

May 28, 2004
Out of fish so it was time to head back and and stock up for the week. Got a decent sized cobia and jack here.

Attachments

• cobiaandjack.jpg
    cobiaandjack.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 550
more

a few more golden trevally and jacks...

Attachments

• jack0616.jpg
    jack0616.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 464
buddy

my friend landed a few also-trying to figure out what this is :)

Attachments

• mkunkn.jpg
    mkunkn.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 458
Hiya

Great fish!!!! Nice!!!

I like the size of the fish box on the boat!!!:D :D :D Gonna need loads of fish to fill it!!!!

Regards
miles:D

? fish

hmm,
I will have to look it up. (I think that is what they are) We normally do not see these here but they showed up en-mass last week. All about 3-6 KG., sharp sloping front and a big eye... thanks for the tip.

In any case, they taste great prepared just like the golden trevally... Olive oil, garlic, parsley with green olives over the top and baked real quick :)

anton

mmmm stop... we have had yellow fin and dogtooth tuna on the menu all week... yeah i know it's fresh but you get tired of it...

OHHHHHHHH :( your making me feel homesick :waterwork
Are you still looking out over the corniche? Do you ever go to the Al Bandar?

...my office is over the corniche :) Blue as can be right now and the next 2 days excellent viz is on the forecast. Going offshore again tomorrow late afternoon to make sure I have enough fish for this week! Supposed to do one of the wrecks out there since that and the rigs are usually where the best fish are (and the MO) but need a fast boat to get there that late in the afternoon!

Temps are already about 45-46C (114 F) but I bet you don't miss that!!! and yes we have visited the Al Bandar but are partial to Layali's since it is real close.

anton

Originally posted by anton
...my office is over the corniche :)

YOU LUCKY LUCKY #@%$£~ :vangry

Originally posted by anton
...my office is over the corniche :) Temps are already about 45-46C (114 F) but I bet you don't miss that!!!
anton
No I do miss it! Im bloody freezing here :(

the fish is a sub-species of pompano. they are really comon in Saudi and Kuwaiti waters. they make very good eating also.

and no! no one misses the heat, i certainly dont, and much less this time of the year when the humidity just yakh i dont even want to remember...

nice fish.

if you get a chance, go and spear in Oman...just amazing...

That last fish looks like some type of permit which is a larger relative of pompano (Trachinotus sp. ). Good meat but they are illegal to spear in Florida. Nice catch!

Angelos

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT