• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Should I worry about it if I didn't rest for twice amount of the time between dives?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

wguo6358

Sep 20, 2022

Should I worry about it if I didn't rest for twice amount of the time between dives?​

renderTimingPixel.png

I am kinda worried about it and each dive is kinda intense as well. If I did not black out, should I worry if it has long-term effect?

Should I worry about it if I didn't rest for twice amount of the time between dives?​

renderTimingPixel.png

I am kinda worried about it and each dive is kinda intense as well. If I did not black out, should I worry if it has long-term effect?
It's a bit of a worrying post to be honest! First off, are you diving alone? (you shouldn't be) Why are you not taking a rest between dives? Why are your dives 'intense'.
To cautiously answer part of your question, it's not going to have a long term effect but yes, each time you do this you increase your chance of blacking out. At the risk of being blunt, If this is your level of knowledge about free diving you should (a) get proper training and (b) definitely not dive alone.

It's a bit of a worrying post to be honest! First off, are you diving alone? (you shouldn't be) Why are you not taking a rest between dives? Why are your dives 'intense'.
To cautiously answer part of your question, it's not going to have a long term effect but yes, each time you do this you increase your chance of blacking out. At the risk of being blunt, If this is your level of knowledge about free diving you should (a) get proper training and (b) definitely not dive alone.
I dive with friends and I got aida2 pool class.
Also, What about on land? Sometimes I will do a breath hold, only take one breath then do another one. I heard that this is one type of CO2 table?

I dive with friends and I got aida2 pool class.
Also, What about on land? Sometimes I will do a breath hold, only take one breath then do another one. I heard that this is one type of CO2 table?
How did you complete aida 2* in a pool??
Again the best advice I can give is if you are enjoying freediving find a GOOD instructor, do a course or just coaching sessions and ask them every question you can think of.

What Irishdiver said.

A very wise and experienced diver once said something like "Short surface intervals are a deal with the devil" I once played rescuer for a diver that ignored that wisdom. BO is your danger, longterm damage is not. However, serial dives with too short surface intervals will lead you to BO.

That said, if you are diving fairly easy, shallow, and short and especially half lung, less that twice the dive time is fine. For intense dives, its insufficient. I'm doing serial dives, dive half lung and, for more intense dives, find 2.5-3 times dive time(sometimes more) is more comfortable. For short, easy and fairly shallow, 1.5 times dive time, or even less, seems fine for me.

Its hard to sit on the surface waiting, but you will find that longer surface intervals pay off in longer, more comfortable dives.

Last edited:
if you are 2 guys, one is diving, the other is on the surface watching the dive, like or not, you make a break between your dives!

if you are 2 guys, one is diving, the other is on the surface watching the dive, like or not, you make a break between your dives!
Very true!

'Diving with friends' might not be the same as Diving with a buddy. Do you know who is watching you, do you trust this guy (person) can rescue you in case of a BO?

To cautiously answer part of your question, it's not going to have a long term effect but yes, each time you do this you increase your chance of blacking out.
Great answer to the original question. Let's add to it: if you BO, it might have severe long time effects.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT