• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Should we create a Physiology Section?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Should we create a Freediving Physiology Forum

• Damn right we should!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Nope, the Training Forum is good enough...

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

kbakery

Mar 2, 2002
Freediving Physiology

Would it be possible to create another general catagory called Freediving Physiology? It's a big subject and important to understand before creating a training strategy.

i also think that it is a good idea
although there would be a place for it in the training forum, maybe make it a training/physiology(fizzyology) forum,
since mental training seems to make up half of what we do i believe that a greater importance should be placed upon it, even though i am no expert, i still think that physical training can only take you so far.

oh well, i want to here some good opinions wethear they agree with me or not

thanks

You like things to be well organized, don't you?.:D
I think "training" is all about controlling and changing your own physiology and psychology. The doing part of it is just whatever techniques you use to master the psych and control the physio parts of your performance.

'No' is my vote to the change.
Either that or I move we create a few sections called "Freediving Psychology" and "Freediving Workout Planning" or "Freediving Competition Strategies"...

Last edited:
There has been some talk on whether we should create a new Freediving Physiology forum. Place your votes here!

Morgan's right. Yes, I like things to be organized although you couldn't tell by my sandy pile of dive gear. But along that line it does all fit very neatly into "training". A few fizzyology threads would suffice.

tp

I think the existing training forum needs more traffic, not less! Splitting off a seperate psychology section would just result in having to check more forums, each of which has half the threads.

Perhaps a better idea would just be to rename this thread "Freediving Training & Psychology", which might entice a few more discussions of the subject.

Wha'd he say???

Brownsword's notion of incorporating the medical aspects of freediving, and his faux pas, psych are laudable. Anything to increase interest and comment.

maybe stephan can simply "hard label" any threads containing a physiological topic, being that most of it's contents might be opinions based off personal/professional research and might be a tad shady on the "liability" issue. :confused:

andrsn

nothing personal, butt...

hey what is it with you and "hard labeling" and "reverse packing"?:rcard

sven

hey you left coast conservative, kitty wetsuit wearin', snail molestin', kelp climbin', farallon-promotin', wimpy gun-totin', swell toleratin', son of a gun.... don't you red card me! i'll karma-tize your sometimes comic writin', recipe donatin', daughter talent exploitin', anti-unpoliticizin' arse!

psychology/physiology

Body and mind are the same.....soo I think they fall nicely under title "freedive training".....Just out from the pool......:wave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT