• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Significant Increase in Spam Accounts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Hi everyone - just to let you know that we are experiencing a signifI can’t uptick in spam accounts registering and trying to post on the forums. We deploy a number of tools on the site to counter such threats - we get hundreds a day - however a small number do sneak through.

You can do your bit though - if you see a spam post please report it by using the “Report” button under each post on the forums. That creates a report for the admin and moderating team to take a look at in more detail. While we aim to be proactive in tackling spam, every member here can help!

Thanks everyone and appreciate the help to keep this forum clean!

Reactions: DRW
Yeah, lots of fake shipping notifications and the various ED/cheap pills ads. A couple more nefarious ones have come through like crypto/bank phishing attempts too.

WTF
Hi everyone - just to let you know that we are experiencing a signifI can’t uptick in spam accounts registering and trying to post on the forums. We deploy a number of tools on the site to counter such threats - we get hundreds a day - however a small number do sneak through.

You can do your bit though - if you see a spam post please report it by using the “Report” button under each post on the forums. That creates a report for the 746DBE08-CB03-4821-B66D-5DB015C2C930.pngadmin and moderating team to take a look at in more detail. While we aim to be proactive in tackling spam, every member here can help!

Thanks everyone and appreciate the help to keep this forum clean!
I can’t even use this group any more. People are quoting me & Is like to reply but can’t.
Doubt this will even post.

WTF

I can’t even use this group any more. People are quoting me & Is like to reply but can’t.
Doubt this will even post.
@sharkey i do apologise but it’s hard to keep spammers off the forums. We are catching hundreds a day automatically but we still get ones get through. What you can do is use the report button under a post to report a spam post and we will investigate and remove.

..i keep reporting at least two of those chinese orcatorch-members. they keep flooding this forum with their comercial advertising.
so far nothing have been done about that. is this how you want this forum to be ? this mako-dano member does also nothing but comercial advertising,
is this transitioning from a spearfishing/freediving forum to a marketplace for diving equipment ?

Attachments

• Screenshot (511).png
    Screenshot (511).png
    138.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
..i keep reporting at least two of those chinese orcatorch-members. they keep flooding this forum with their comercial advertising.
so far nothing have been done about that. is this how you want this forum to be ? this mako-dano member does also nothing but comercial advertising,
is this transitioning from a spearfishing/freediving forum to a marketplace for diving equipment ?
They are posting in the marketplace sub forums where commercial posts are allowed. This is in our T&C’s. You can always set your settings to ignore those sub forums if you want and you won’t see any of those posts?

They are posting in the marketplace sub forums where commercial posts are allowed. This is in our T&C’s. You can always set your settings to ignore those sub forums if you want and you won’t see any of those posts?
..that is the kind of answer i expected..haha.. you have an orcatorch ? would you recommend it ?

..that is the kind of answer i expected..haha.. you have an orcatorch ? would you recommend it ?
I personally don’t have one, I know people who do including some very well known divers and they like them but I can’t vouch for them personally.

I will say we are reviewing the T&C’s to reduce posting allowed in the marketplace to once a week for accounts.

We have also approached an Orcatorch rep to ask them to reduce amount of posting voluntarily as well.

For what it's worth Orcatorch was previously posting ads in regional forums. I moved those ads to Goods for Sale and asked them to put all their future ads there. They seemed to comply. But I agree that we are still seeing way too many of their ads and we do need some sort of limit.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT