• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Sinus squeeze

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Drrayb

May 6, 2018
Hi everyone.

I am fairly new to the underwater world...

I was at the bottom of a 5m pool, had equalized ears fine, but began to feel a pain in my forehead, then a little flick sensation internally in the same spot, then I came up and blew out a wad of blood from my nose. I self diagnosed frontal sinus barotrauma. I had been feeling well, no cold or congestion. My question is:

Would you go to that depth again same day? If not, when would you?

I plan to bring a decongestant spray to next session in case it happens again, but I had been there many times before and was fine.

Thanks in advance!

G'day,

My short answer would be no. I'd say what you suggested has happened is probably correct, but even if it's minor it still needs some time to heal up. But if it's something else that you're not aware of then you could cause a lot more damage. I'd give it a few days to be safe and if it happens again see your doctor.

Cheers,
Ben

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Drrayb
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT