• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

R_kindley27

Jul 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

My name is Ryan, 23. I'm work as a Confined Space Rescue Supervisor and EMT in the oil and gas industry. In my spare time I am a B licensed sport Skydiver and recently received my open water diver. I found that freediving is super exciting in a different way than skydiving and have started accumulating my gear and diving alone. (Not advised I know...) Would kill to be able to meet up with someone/group on a weekend and do some diving/spearfishing. Unfortunately none of my friends are into skydiving or the ocean at the moment. Hope to see you guys out there. Blueskies/Blue water

Hi Ryan, welcome to Deeperblue. Have you looked into a freediving class? That is the single best way to improve on safety and technique.

Where do you usually dive? I know Bako is a desolate place, with few opportunities nearby. Former Fresno area person here.

Yes ive looked into it, and really would like to. But I do not have all of my gear yet. Most classes expect you to show up with all of your own gear. Btw, dont shop on Hurleyoutletstore.com its a scam I learned the hard way lol. I usually rent gear down. And dive in Pismo(freezing)/Huntington/Newport. And recently in catalina (amazing). Ya, not many oceans in the Central Valley lol.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I know the feeling. It's tough to be a diver in a landlocked area, but somehow we manage. Thanks for the recommendation. I hope they didn't scam you too badly.

Reactions: R_kindley27
Hi Ryan,

My name's Nick. I am new to freediving but absolutely loving it. I am looking for a dive buddy for anywhere from Long Beach to Santa Barbara. I could also do the occasional Catalina Trip. Let me know if you're still looking for someone to dive with.

Reactions: R_kindley27
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…