• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

sl star 40

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepAbyss

Feb 11, 2018
hello,
I have an old sl star 40 speargun.
After releasing the arrow, I hear there is a leak of air.
Anyone have experience with that? what needs replacing?
o-ring set? piston?
And if there are any more successful alternatives or require cressi replacement original parts?

Thank you

Cressi-Sub have been making that gun for decades and are generally cheaper than say a Mares gun to buy, so use the Cressi-Sub kits which can be found on-line easily.

Thx,so set of brand new o-ring can solve the air leak?
Should do provided no cracks or gouges in the plastic parts if someone clumsy had opened it up and then given up, which is unlikely. Replace all the seals after cleaning the gun parts and leaving them to dry, a wash in soapy warm water gets rids of any remaining oil and then a rinse and dry. Use a dab of grease or oil to lubricate each ring which aids it going back into place. Read the gun dismantling thread first so you know what you are going.

As the inner barrel is not co-axial don’t twist parts on the inner barrel, just pull them off

Thx, the o-ring is diffrent from brand to brand or its can be some brands the same sizes?

Thx, the o-ring is diffrent from brand to brand or its can be some brands the same sizes?
The body rings are thinner on the Cressi guns, so it pays to use the Cressi kit. It was about half the price of the Mares kit when I last bought one.

Thx,after i realse the arrow i need to hear air get outside from the muzzle its normal or its a leak that i need to test in the water if there is a bubbles?

Thx,after i realse the arrow i need to hear air get outside from the muzzle its normal or its a leak that i need to test in the water if there is a bubbles?
If you sink the pressurized gun in a tub of water there should be no air bubbles coming out of it after all trapped air has escaped as happens with any object when you first submerge it. Any stream of bubbles that continues after that is an air leak which you don't want. As the guns usually float you can put something heavy on it to make it sink

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT