• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sled Records

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi All,
I don't personally like NL but I don't think AIDA should stop recognizing NL records, as long as safety requirements can still be met. It definitely does have the most media attention which is a real shame. If I say to someone that I freedive they say "oh you go down really deep with lots of weight !". I've seen on some tv shows that say exactly that, freediving is NL ?!
:head

No limits is definitely less of a sport then all the other disciplines. It's much more of a Guiness book kinda thing. There are very few people that do it, because it costs so much money. So when you are talking about a NL world record, you are competing against what 5 or 10 people, if that ?!
Just how many people still train & compete in NL at the moment ?

Compare that to constant weight. There would be at least a couple of hundred people that train for that at an international level. Then consider even more people at the national level, recreational, spearfishing etc. Also we are seeying a greater crossover from atheletes from other sports such as finswimming, under water hockey/rugby which is great !

So perhaps the general public may think that NL is the only form of freediving, but ask any competition freediver and there would be few that would respect NL anywhere near as much as constant weight.

P.S. Sorry guys we are just going to have to grin and bear it. The next big freediving movie is about Pipin and Audrey....... DOH ! :confused:

Cheers,
Wal

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT