• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

slow day

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Nice Grab, AJ. Looks like you stuck those fish using some old-school gear :cool: . See, ya don't all need $2000 worth of equipment to put dinner on the table :p .

The gear I use was bought in 97 or 98 and it's served me well.
Seaquest Accellerater fins ,low volume scubapro mask and a cheap and confortable snorkel.The pole spear is a 5 foot generic
with a double wing rock point.I'm waiting on 2 pairs of freediving
fins and a speargun I bought on ebay to arrive . I had good time
but I could't get my ears to clear past 15 feet, and that was a real bummer because the viz was great and I couldn't get to the bottom.The fish in the pic are juveniles and are plentiful this time of year ,the big ones want come inshore until the water warms
up. It was 70 degres and not warm enough. My secret spot was
pretty bare so I had to go out towards the pass to find some fish
I contantly see fish in the 5+pound range there when the water is warmer and a lot more variety,black snapper,and grouper.
A friend of mine shot an 8 pound 9ounce sheephead near my spot a couple of years ago_Once I get my gear straight and some
free time im going to try some open water hunting at some bouys
just offshore here in jax.I'll try to post some pics of water clarity and fish if i get any. Later

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT