• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Small feet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
Anyone know where/brand i can get for a size European 37 foot.. for freediving fins?

:duh THIRTY SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, well you could get a size 38 fin and try on some (thick) neoprene socks.... I dont think you can get a size 37, maybe you could contact a custom making fin company like specialfins and they could sort you out

I only have a size 37 foot - well its between 36 and 37!! Up until now I've been using cressi garas and the smallest size is a 40-41!! They are ok with 4.5mm socks and fin retainers. However, I now have 3mm smooth skin socks and my feet are occasionaly slipping out of the fin so I need to look at alternatives - will probably get a monofin.

Donna :)

socks

yeah... but wearing 5mm socks to be able to fit my fins... while diving in water that is 30degC... it's a bit warm.....!

i could have sworn i'd seen a 36-37 Sporasub in the shop while i was in the Caribbean but Dive-Inn say that they start at size 38. i am like donna... btwn 36-37 and also a narrow foot.

there must be loads of small female freedivers out there...

Specialfins have just told me no one makes foot pockets smaller than a 38...

But they also said that if thats really too big, they would try to make it smaller, but they weren't sure how effective it would be. For me a 38 with 3mm socks will be fine as I dive in the UK but, yes, I agree, 5mm socks in the Maldives probably will be a bit warm!!!!!

Size 38 may be ok for you, if you use fin retainers as well?

Donna

There was a post here somewhere, maybe by Sven (since he has big... feet. ;) ), that explained how to fit a foot pocket to an unusual size.
It said something about cutting to top side of the foot pocket making holes and passing a thread trough them and ending up with something that looks like a shoe with shoelaces...
Maybe also cutting the heal, not sure...

Risky job (if you mess it up it costs you a foot pocket), but a good fit is worth the risk if you ask me.

I am a 38 and my Special Fin with Omer pockets is supposed to be 38-40 but is incredibly tight on me - maybe Omer 38-40s would fit you - worth a try

Sam

And Sam's Special Fin fitted my foot like a glove with 3mm socks on. Cinderella shall go to the ball......:D

Donna

dilemma

hmmm.... foot pockets and all those little luxuries aren't available here. will have to do some internet shopping.

will try the 3mm socks thing.. and put up with the sweaty feet!
thanks Sam.

surely this is a gap in the market? there must be 100s of women out there with this same problem?

Just found a monofin size 24-37... guess i'll try something new. never used a monofin before.. i guess newbies must look like stuck dolphins...
any tips on using a monofin?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT