• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

small size fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Olga

Feb 17, 2005
Hi everybody,

This is a question mostly for girls, I suppose :)

I'm an absolute beginner in freediving, and most of the problems I've encountered so far concerned f\d equipment. The point is that here in Moscow, Russia, freediving is kinda inferior sport compared to scuba, and all would-be f\d equipment is sold mostly for spearhunters, which means that for example you cannot buy good f/d fins less than 40-42 foot size. It's men's world, you know :hmm
It is possible to order tailor-made fins but again I need foot pockets for size 37, and this is even bigger problem.
So I would like to know which fins are usually used by girls with (relevantly:) )small size like 37-38, where can I buy them (maybe via Internet), and what fins do you think are the most comfortable, light and soft for the feet (I don't want to have these blisters any more!!!). Again, surely I would prefer carbon fins, but I think I will buy them later, when I'll be 100% sure that f/d is here to stay with me :) So now I'm looking for interim fin solution...

Have a good day!

Hi Olga,
Welcome to DeeperBlue! Small footpockets/feet size have been a recurring theme. Do a search on "small fins", "small feet size" with the search function and you should find around 3 or 4 threads on the topic. (All in the Bi-fins forum by the way.)

regards,
Adrian

Hi Olga, may be your problem ca be solved using the finswimmng open heel footpocket. It's less confortable in the begginin but when you use to use it your kick it's completely transfered to the blade. Change your problem into an opportunity. In a private message I give you a page where you can find an interesting options.

Bye and regards from Cantabria, Spain

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT