• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

somebody in GEORGIA !!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Weather has been beautiful these last few days eh guys? It's really getting me revved up for spring. Done any diving in lanier since that frigid saturday morning les?

I'm going back to school on the 9th. Tomas, perhaps we can get started with dynamic training Sat. the 15th. How does that sound?

I'd also like to exted an open invitation for anyone else who is interested to come down to Georgia Tech for pool training.

Hi BladeRunner,

I'm new to the forum... I live in Nicholson, 30 min. from you down 441 heading toward Athens.
Have you done your spear trip, and if so did you bag a beast?

Are you or have you been competitive (I noticed you have 410 posts); I'd like to compete this upcoming season just to push myself to the next level. Anyway, just wanted to say hello neighbor. :wave

Last edited:
Reactions: commonerg
Hey Zerog what's up? How long have you been diving, where do you usually dive?

As for my trip, I have not been able to because unplanned things with the family has killed my idea of the trip.

I have changed the trip for this March and in different location that should prove very promising because no one goes there spear. I have collected some really good intell on the area. I can communicate it to you by a PM!

When you mean competitions do you mean freediving or spearfishing? Freediving I have no interest in it but spearfishing competitions yes! I would like to go to the Picasso Open in Rhode Island this year. I'm going to contact a few people to get some info on the competition in the near future!

We can get together sometime before my spearing trip and do some training soon!

Last edited:
Welcome to the boards Zerog. :wave Seems like Ga is starting to be the place to be for inland freedivers.

I'm Greg... From Atlanta (student at Georgia Tech) and I am very interested in apnea competition. Venecosurf and I will, hopefully, be training every weekend at the Georgia Tech aquatic center. I also practice there most days during the week. If are ever down our way, we would love to have you for training. The facilities are very nice.

I actually make my way along 441 every few weeks to visit some friends at UGA. :friday I'll keep my eyes open for Nicholson next time.

Hopefully we can all dive together sometime.

Hello all,

To answer your question BladeRunner...
My grandparents had a lake cabin in the Berkshires of Mass. The lake had an awesome 20 ft. deep, boulder lined boat channel adjacent to the beach (imported sand); anyway, about how long diving...
As a kid, I spent most of my summers hanging out at the bottom of that boat channel. I used to get horrible headaches and my temples would swell from going up and down; I didn't know how to equalize ...

At sixteen I got my open water certification and over the years through to Dive Master. I started a business in Norcross around a DPV I designed called the Hydrospeeder. I built 100 units and sold them around the world before my grip slipped on the project and I had to sell out to some jokers who sunk the project.

I was contracted by National Geographic Television to build and pilot two vehicles with shark cages for a filming expedition off the Neptune Islands in southern Australia. Several of the vehicles can also be seen in the beginning of the latest Tomb Raider movie that came out last year or so.

I have always been passionate about speed underwater and have been studying biomimetic propulsion with the aim of maximizing speed and efficiency. I currently own a business that builds super-light road brakes for high-end road bikes from which comes the funding for development of my underwater speed passion.

I am interested in competing in dynamic and constant weight. At the moment, my static is 5 min 34 sec. I would like to meet up with you guys somewhere like Hartwell due to my wife is pregnant with twins and so I really need to be close... she's not due until May but twins are a whole different ball game.

Reactions: DeepThought
Sounds like you really enjoy your work zerog. I'll pop in my tomb raider dvd and check out these crafts.

Very impressive static time! I'm sure your dynamic is equally as impressive. I'd love to trade tips with you sometime and perhaps pick up on some of your knowledge of hydrodynamics to improve my positioning in the water.

hello zerog whats up?!?! this is great that more people its showing up....hey u got me by one sec, my statics its 5min 33sec....haha. But that'll be great if all of us can meet up.

Have an awesome day guys !!

I was planning doing an Airborne Mission down to Vortex springs in florida probly mid Feb. I need to wait and see what next months work schedule looks like! Any of you guys interested in running down there for a Saturday and Sunday of diving?
http://www.floridacaves.com/vortex.htm

Attachments

• cavern.jpg
    cavern.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 126
Hey Les, as soon as you figure out when you can go, let us know. I'm excited to do a little recreational diving. Looks like a good spot.

Also, i'm done on fridays at 10am. If you ever get a friday off, we could get a full weekend dive out of it.

I can use a personel day for the Friday. When the work schedule comes out I'll let you know what weekend I'll take off!

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 144
  • under.jpg
    under.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 128
I'm planning on buying a zodiac inflatable with in the next 2 to 3 months! Nothing big like 10-11ft with 10horse engine, fine for the single or maybe two people diving. I'll wait untill I get the boat before taking my freedive/spearing. The boat will allow me to hit more the spots in a day than I could with my sit on top. I give my sit on top my brother when moves to Tampa when he gets back from IRAQ!

I can't wait to get it I can go to some great place in the lake Lanier and other place with ease!

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 135
commonerg said:
Sounds like you really enjoy your work zerog. I'll pop in my tomb raider dvd and check out these crafts.

Very impressive static time! I'm sure your dynamic is equally as impressive. I'd love to trade tips with you sometime and perhaps pick up on some of your knowledge of hydrodynamics to improve my positioning in the water.

Hey commonerg, I am also a student at Georgia Tech and I am often at the aquatic center with my brother. I have been diving all my life (but not too deep)... I am looking to start doing some deeper dives and also want to get into spearing so I want to increase down times. I do all my diving in the Keys (mainly Key Largo). If you ever want to meet up and train together let me know, although I am probably an amateur compared to you...

Last edited:
Hey Merlin, I sent you a PM. I'm very excited to have another freediver so close. Seems like Ga is becoming a little freediving mecca.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT