• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sothern cali

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Avenge

Apr 4, 2005
Ok I am extremly new to the sport. I actually just started on my vacation to Kona, HA. I am now back in sothern Cali and would like to know if there are any areas here with good spearfishing?

Thanx alot

many,many areas...Palos Verdes is nice..world record white seabass was speared here.

Not yet Im going to get a rabitech Hunter 110, then ill be set. And maybe I can dive with some of you around here If any of you are looking for a dive buddy.

Sure your welcome to come anytime.

Laguna beach is a favorite of mine.

Where in cali are you from?

You might want to email Erik Sun at www.sumora.com (EEZERIK here in the forums) He's the Rabitech rep around here. He'll set you up nice. I bought a "90 Stealth off of him and absolutly LOVE it. You can't go wrong.

If your just getting started there's a lot of nice reefs around here to hunt in.

I'll be happy to go. When do you plan on getting the gun? Also do you plan on free diving? or SCUBA?

Umm Im ordering it today...Erik said it only takes a few days to recieve. I will be freediving, and im going to go to laguna as my first spot because Erik said he would dive with me there.

He's an awsome guy. You'll love the gun by the way. I think it has the same handel as mine.. MMmmmmm Comfy.

Most definetly!

I'm heading out to one on friday. It's not really deep at all. The cove that i'll be at is probly around 10-15 feet. Not deep at all. All rocky reef area with little or no wave action usually. PM me if you want to come out with us.

probly a cove just north of seal rock. wana come along?

Shaws is always too dead (no fish) fisherman's used to be alright.. just got sick of it. We found a new place with tons of opaleye and some Sheephead and some Calico and Bat Ray's just laying around in large groups (kinda cool)

Give me a call at (949) 464-6495 (morning) or (949) 355-6453 (day time\evening) gimme a call tomorrow if you can. Anyone else that wants to come along is more then welcome as well.

hey cali i had to leave early but let me know how i did at the other coves and i should hopfully get back out there soon but e-mail me at bigboyjy@aol.com ok let me know when you go out and what u got kool talk to you later

jacob

Sure. I got a Small calico in the canyons after you left, lol.

I left shortly after. I plan on going out next week. I'll email you more info,

take care,

-Mike

I'm from Florida and will be in L.A. next week for business. Can any of you tell me if there are any shops around there that specialize/cater to freedivers and spearfishers?

Yup,

There's Rodger Yazbecks store (It's the Picasso America store)

Just call rodger to make an appointment. (goes by appointment)

There's J and J in San Diego (OMER and RIFFE) dealers

There's the RIFFE factory here and office in San Clemente

There is also Erik Sun and Rabitech if you wanted to nab one of these awsome guns while your out here.

Beach Cities Scuba also has a lot of spear gear (RIFFE, OMER and exclapez, Beauchat)

There in HB and Dana Point

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT