• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Devon Report 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Re: Exe club commitee needed

Couldn't it just keep running on a more informal basis?

Down in Wessex we just meet up at the most suitable spot on a Tuesday evening (as decided by everyone on the Wessex thread beforehand). No one 'runs' the club, it's all more of a collective decision/dicussion on the days leading up to Tuesday, and centred mostly around the prevailing conditions. No one is officially a 'member' (attendance on the night confers membership), and no money changes hands. It's all more of an informal social event than anything else, with a time given to everyone to be out of the water by if they want to get to the pub in time for a few drinks and swap a few stories.

It's a good way for the local spearos to meet each other and sort out dive buddies for non-club days too - and it all seems to work quite well, especially at the beginning of the season.

If I spent more time down your way I would love to help - but sadly I don't get down there enough these days.

Good luck Dave, whatever you decide to do.

(P.S: Does the Exe Club have it's own thread on Deeper Blue?)

hi gaz no we dont have a thread wouldnt know how to do that .Thank for yours words of help but i feel best thing is shut down web site and club to much hassel for me Daveo

He gets called all kinds when in my boat Podge. He's tongue's allways out,dribbling all over the place. If it in out he's licking windows.

roflroflroflroflroflrofl

Matt J Ive not been in all week mate so no idea what the viz is like around the bay. Lyme regis might be an option? Its on my to do list if you know any spots up that way :)

Matt J Ive not been in all week mate so no idea what the viz is like around the bay. Lyme regis might be an option? Its on my to do list if you know any spots up that way :)

Lyme Regis area takes ages to clear up - 2 weeks calm before it gets good. Seaton can clear up a bit quicker so I might go there if conditions look favourable.

seaton takes for ever to clear but west bay is good for a east north east the bottom at seaton is clay but at west bay its not daveo

Yes, I've seen what the clay can do! I have been surprised though a couple of times to find it clearer than expected if you go round the headland towards Beer.

I thought about getting in today and then watched the clip of Nick and I in his boat and remembered how cold I was. So it remained just a thought. I will get in at least once more before the winter break.

Bish

I've been in twice this week, up Dorset way - 11c, pretty good viz, plenty of mullet about and even the odd bass.

Posted via Mobile Device

I went out this morning for a dive with with Rowan. The water wasn't crystal clear, but it was good enough. The sun was out, the air temperature was a balmy 6deg, no wind and blue skies. I only saw a few small bass in the shallows around the stringweed, so we swam out to the end of the reef where there is a wreck of an old P&O steamer. The viz really cleared up the further out we went, possibly 5-6m ish.

Rowan got into a massive shoal of mullet and took three of them as they kept schooling around the reef. I was too occupied with snuffling around the base of the rocks and ship wreakage after lobsters, so I missed lots of chances at fish. I wasn't too bothered though. I found a nice copper driving band from an artillery shell wedged in a gully, and a conger eel that Rowan insisted had to come home with him.

Attachments

• IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 184
The
Old Man Dave
Fish of the Year

:fridayPoll is now open :friday​

Trophy resize.jpg

Ive posted a picture up on the FOY thread of all the finalists so please have a look before you cast your vote.​

A huge thankyou to DevonDave for sorting out this years OMD FOY Shield :)

This Years winner Will be walking away with the FOY shield made and donated by our very own DevonDave.​

And a New Cressi Geronimo Pro 85 Sponsored by Anthony at
scuba-diving-store-logo.png
www.scubadivingstore.co.uk

Venture%20sports.jpg

A tragedy has occured: Scuba Diving Store have stopped stocking Seac 7mm neoprene socks (with seals!) - Scott, what are we gonna do now???!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :( :waterwork

A tragedy has occured: Scuba Diving Store have stopped stocking Seac 7mm neoprene socks (with seals!) - Scott, what are we gonna do now???!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :( :waterwork

:confused: I'm gonna keep my pair under lock and key and treat them ever so gently so they last forever!

Well thats no bloody good is it??? Have they actually taken the item off the stock list or is just a supply issue?? Will look into it Gaz, its going to be a cold winter and we know how delicate you are :)

I've just got back in from a night (7pm!) dive with Rowan. We tried a new beach out this evening. Flat calm, and excellent viz, probably 5-6m+. I took my polespear, as we were mainly going for flatties. We only saw a few flounders to start with, so we moved off the sand to the rocks, and started hitting the bass. So, there I was, with a cocked polespear, in 4ft of water. I saw a shadow move at the edge of the torch beam. A bass. A big bloody bass! I wouldn't be lying if I said it was well over 10lb. It was swimming towards me, so I waited until it was about a foot away, aimed, then... BAM! The spear struck cleanly on its head.....and bounced off. Sodding well bounced off!! I'm taking a gun next time.

We ended the dive with two bass, three flounder and a plaice, so not a bad evenings work.

Mate don’t feel too bad about the bounce off, I’ve had the spear out of my 75 with the rubbers pulled back to the second notch bounce/glance off the gill plates of a big old Bass before.:blackeye
At least you got yourself a good feed just the same. Well done mate.:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT