• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Florida Snorkel/Freediver looking for partners

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sellingflorida

Apr 11, 2005
I am new to the sport and new to the board.
I am looking for a few snorkelers and freedivers to
join me for a few trips (via my boat) to South Florida reefs
and possibly some Miami / Keys locations.

I have room for four or five on my boat (safely) and my time is flexible

I like spearfishing, cruising the reefs and wrecks and just generally living the good life.

Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated.

Gary C

SellingFlorida,

There are lots of us freedivers and spearfishermen in South Florida. I live in West Palm Beach, and dive with a handful of people up here, some of whom have boats and some who don't. Feel free to give me a call, and I can put you in touch with some people in the area. My number is 772.321.8590. In addition, there is the Broward Longfins, a freediving club. You can look them up on the internet, and they meet regularly. Mostly freefishermen. Also, we play underwater hockey in West Palm Beach, which is about the best cross training you can do for freediving, every Monday and Thursday at Gaines Park. If you are interested call me and I can give you directions.

Have fun, South Florida is a great place to dive.

Michael.

I was going to suggest you check out this board Gary, glad you found it!

See you tommorrow.

Sorry we missed you sunday Michael, hope your recovered! We saw a nurse shark, lobster, eels, tons of schooling fish, and a stingray while freediving the 1st reef off commercial pier.

Sorry to bust in like this, but I had a quick question, Selling

James, being from Ft. Lauderdale, I'm assuming you're somewhat familiar with Miami. My PFI course is coming up, and I need a nice, but reasonably affordable ($79-80 a night) place to say....but I'd like to stay on Miami Beach....because it's my only vacation in the last two years.

Do you know any places that are nice?. PM me if you do.

sinkweight said:

James, being from Ft. Lauderdale, I'm assuming you're somewhat familiar with Miami. My PFI course is coming up, and I need a nice, but reasonably affordable ($79-80 a night) place to say....but I'd like to stay on Miami Beach....because it's my only vacation in the last two years.

hey Sinky when i stayed in Miami i got a real good deal in south beach through expedia.com

sinkweight said:

Unfortunately I've only lived here about six months, Selling has lived here for years so probably would know better than I would. South Beach is the Stuff if you can find a spot there, thats cheap, that's definately the way to go!

Let me know when you're gonna be in town we can hit the reefs when you're not out on the course.

I am not as familar with South Beach as you would need. The only place I know is The Clevelander. The rooms are small and very old, but the nightlife downstairs makes up for what it lacks in the room. This is no Hilton. But you are in the middle of everything. My knowledge if from many years ago, and I am sure things have changed there. My advise is the following:
try expedia (as previously mentioned) and look for hotels with direct ocean view. Depending on length of stay, you might just take a place for one night and rent a car to discover another better place (cheaper/closer, etc)

Sorry I can't help more but my Miami days were over when I declared, "I do"
now...I don't...but I remember the days when I did...

Reactions: JMD
sellingflorida said:
Sorry I can't help more but my Miami days were over when I declared, "I do"
now...I don't...but I remember the days when I did...

Gary you crack me up!

Gary,

I will be visiting south Florida Miami/Key Largo next week (4/27 - 4/30) to dive and hang out and would enjoy connecting with some fellow freedivers. Are you available one of those days for a trip?

Chris

Gary, I will be in Miam over Memorial Day weekend. I am looking for Spearos or Freedivers. I live in a horrible place called Jacksonville, Florida and I am dying to get in the water. I have a sony cybershot and would like to take some good pics.
Let me know what you think,
Michael

Hey, Gary!
Mostly freediving from my kayak off Dania pier and Comm. blvd at least once a month, spearing and taking photos.
I would love to join you for some shallow wreck freediving for gags and cobia.
Send me a mail if you need a company. I'm comfotable at 40-50 ft, never tried deeper due to a diving alone...

Best regards.

Mikhail

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT