• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Florida!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nicole Durham

Aug 28, 2017
Hi everybody! I'm pretty new to freediving. Just wondering if anyone out there is looking for freediving buddies! I'm not really into spearfishing, just working on my depth and breath-hold to eventually get into photography if it ends up being a good fit. Any connections or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I am in Polk County and love freediving in the lakes in Highlands County, one of them is 80'! I also like exploring sinkholes if you are into adventures like that.

Yes, I'm always down to make a little trip to do some diving! Do you have any social media I could add you on?

I am in Polk County and love freediving in the lakes in Highlands County, one of them is 80'! I also like exploring sinkholes if you are into adventures like that.

Jellythings,

I'm not familiar with an 80 ft lake dive in Highlands county. Thats not so far from me. Where is this place and what is the normal visibility?

Thanks

Connor

I kinda stay away from the social media scene... just message me here anytime you want to do a nice freshwater practice day. One lake is good for 80' but it gets dark and cold after 35'. A very awesome practice spot to do "mind over matter" stuff. Another is good for 55' and usually perfect all the way to just have pure fun all day long. I go to them at least once a week or begin to go a little nuts :)

http://downtownavonpark.com/lake-verona/
Visibility to 30-35' depth is quite good even with very windy days. Maybe 10' visibility at surface decreasing as you go. After 35' it gets dark and cold very fast but you can still "see." Really awesome experience almost hard to explain. Depth is smack dab in the center of the lake too, easy to find and not a far swim from the little beach area. I'll go with you anytime. I love that lake.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT