• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South India anyone? Looking for diving spots and people!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hayley Bennett

Feb 14, 2018
What's up from South India! I just moved here from Southern California and am looking for dive spots and diving community. I'm a novice free diver, having explored the reefs off of north San Diego and line dived just to 66ft (20 meters).

Diving doesn't seem to be very big here, so if you know of anyone or have tips, I'd be stoked.

Hi.My name is Alek. Regarding diving industry yes it not developed to the point like you have seen in USA,to be specific freediving is available in India for free if you know where to go? (certain spots) mostly as shore or beach diving but just few people here and there do it because they like it or simply the don't have scuba equipm. its very expensive things to buy in India. Also there is not many dive centers available(check google maps) depend where you at in South India. Its good to check at Scubaboard community for divers that living in India that may help.Depends where you at in S.India you can check on Andaman islands or Laxshadweep diving on internet.if you stay there for a while i myself will come to S India on the end of this year to do free diving, travel around and explore best spot to freedive.

Reactions: Hayley Bennett
Hi.My name is Alek. Regarding diving industry yes it not developed to the point like you have seen in USA,to be specific freediving is available in India for free if you know where to go? (certain spots) mostly as shore or beach diving but just few people here and there do it because they like it or simply the don't have scuba equipm. its very expensive things to buy in India. Also there is not many dive centers available(check google maps) depend where you at in South India. Its good to check at Scubaboard community for divers that living in India that may help.Depends where you at in S.India you can check on Andaman islands or Laxshadweep diving on internet.if you stay there for a while i myself will come to S India on the end of this year to do free diving, travel around and explore best spot to freedive.

Thanks Alek. Laxshadweep looks really nice, and I've looked a little into Andaman islands as well. I'll be here until December so shoot me an email when you're coming and maybe we could work something out!
hayleynbennett@gmail.com

Saw some footage of diving at the Andaman Islands. It was absolutely gorgeous. Worth the trip from what I could see.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT