• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Southern California Fires

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Well it seems that this time I get to strike up some good will for this side of the rock...:(

There are many, many Deeper Blue members residing in Southern California that are watching their belongings being swept up in the flames of this huge firestorm. Those that haven't lost their homes, belongings and hope are looking out the windows and praying.

Let's send the residents of the 619, 858, 951 and 805 some love. You don't have to do it here- if you have their numbers, give 'em a call and ask if they're OK and what do they need.

Reactions: Erik
Unreal Scene....

Hi Everyone....it has been unreal here in San Diego: all the SDCounty Schools are closed, as is UCSD and State. Government offices are shut, and many businesses are following suit to allow employees to deal with the disaster at hand. We've had several freeway closures, flights cancelled, and the airport was closed for awhile Sunday(!)
Unfortunately, we have also lost some lives, among them several firefighters and homeowners who got trapped. Cleveland National Forest is burning, and many places dear to us are a memory now...keep us in your prayers, it's a long ways from over.
Thanks to all who e-mailed and called me, it's nice to have the support.
OceanSwimmer/Cynthia

Man, I didn't realize it was that bad in San Diego. I hope you're alright OceanSwimmer. Lord willing, these terrible fires will end soon with no more loss of life. The air quality here in Orange County has been bad (esp. last weekend; we essentially were breathing smoke and ash), and I've halted all outdoor exercise for now. But it's definitely improving now.

My thoughts are with all of you who have been affected by the fires. It must be terrifying to be faced with nature running wild like that.

I am incredibly lucky to live in a peaceful country where that sort of massive disaster doesn't happen much.

Still, a simple phrase covers how I feel - "There but for the grace of God go I".

Best wishes

Ash

Welcome Rain....

What a relief; it began raining last night, and with the intermittent showers the fire crews are bringing the flames under control.....now the cleanup/recovery begins.
Thanks to all who held a good thought and sent prayers our way.
OceanSwimmer/Cynthia

P.S. edit --
Thanks to the kind person who anonymously gave me karma.
I appreciate the gesture very much.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT