• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spain! Freediving buddy

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Aug 5, 2017
Hi all, I'm looking for freediving buddies between Almeria & Gibraltar in October, also Canary Islands from early to mid-November. I'm comfortable diving to 10m and have done 13m & emergency recoveries etc in intro course. Let's go diving while the water's still warm!

I am in the canary islands till 19 nov for a beginners freediving course. The course is 2 days but after this I want to practice freediving. My hope is to find other freedivers in Tenerife so I could do some diving after the course. If you are freediving in tenerife then I would love to join. I don't have a buddy so if you are freediving in the area I would love to join
There's a boat wreck just off the coast that I am interested in diving to. It's not that deep.

Justin

Hi Justin, thanks for your message. We'll be based in Las Palmas between Saturday night and 19 November which is when we start crossing the Atlantic (!) Our boat is being hauled out so we'll be stuck there for a bit, and then will be doing short sails with my relatives near Las Palmas. I'd be very keen to buddy up if you're able to make it there? I realise it's not so close to Tenerife.

To bad, I was hoping Tenerife. I can't make it to La Palma. i'll look on this website for freedivers in Tenerife or find freedivers at the freedive school there.

How long will that take crossing the Atlantic? And where are you going across the Atlantic?

Hi, we'll be in Las Palmas on Gran Canaria, not La Palma. But I'm guessing that doesn't make it any easier to catch up!
Best of luck for the course and I hope you're able to buddy with others afterwards.
We'll take somewhere between 15 & 21 days to cross to St Lucia, depending on the wind. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT