• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spanish Freediver Update

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DSV

Jan 11, 2002
Nico Sosa, a member of the Spanish freedive team attended the Pacific Cup in 2002. He was diagnosed with a heart ailment. this is a message from a loved one.

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay on the update, but things are very difficult here. Nico's operation had complications and lasted 12 hours instead of 5, and then he started bleeding so badly he had to be rushed back into surgury at one in the morning for another four and a half hours. According to the surgeon, his situation was "catastrophic" and it was only because it was him that he was still alive, anyone else would have died.
That was between Tues and Wed, and his condition has gone from catastrophic to extremly serious. They are still giving us no guarantees he will pull through, he is the hero in Intensive care, because they don't know how he can still be alive, and what's more, stopped bleeding.
Today for the first time he had a slight improvement, although like I said they are not giving any guarantees.
I hope my next message contains better news.
Love
Ana x

I met this guy in Ibiza and at the Pacific cup and he is a very great guy. Hope everyone puts out some good thoughts for him.

hi

Thank you ..for caring about Nico..I will be praying for Him ...God is in control..estare orando para que Dios ponga su mano de gracia y de misericordia--Dios esta en control pues el nos creo y .. y en sus manos esta nuestras aliento.siempre hay una esperanza para el hombre aun cuando la ciencia falla Dios nunca nos fallara .

" I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.He will not let your foot slip-he who whatches over you will not slumber;
Psalms 121:3

Daniel.

Last edited:
Buena suerta Nico. I hope everything turns out well.
Erik Y.

Mucha suerte a Nico desde Madrid...
Curate pronto!!
y por favor mantenednos informados
de la evolución... seguro que sale adelante!

I'd read his last post on the Spanish freediving forum www.todoapnea.com where he said he was soon going into an operation. I sure hope he pulls out of this one well and send my warmth and support to his family and loved ones.

Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT