• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

"Spare Air" clone from Asia, SMACO mini tank with hand pump fill to 3000 psi!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Right now the Internet is positively crawling with numerous offers of what appears to be a "Spare Air" clone complete with tank filling accessories and a hand pump. Interestingly this hand pump is claimed to reach 3000 psi! When I read these adverts my thoughts went to untested cylinders and poorly designed hand pumps filling air cylinders with burnt lubricant products with adiabatic heating and dieseling. At least the pumps have a water condensate trap, but what controls and safeguards are in place to ensure breathing air is safe? My guess is none. I wonder when the safety regulators will descend on these like a ton of bricks.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=SMACO+SCUBA&_sacat=0

SMACO scuba set.jpg

A video of the hand pump, could be the lubrication is OK as it cites vegetable oil as the lubricant after whatever is in the little plastic bottle supplied with each pump is used up.

I guess the guys at FX in Sweden will not be too happy seeing these rival products on the market!

Just saw this promotion for an electric pump from the SMACO Enterprise which is designed to pressurize their mini-scuba tanks and can also be used for paintball guns. The unit can deliver 4500 psi, but at 540 bucks on special it is not cheap, however it could be used on high pressure hydropneumatic guns instead of the SMACO high pressure hand pump or guns like the Maco2 which had an optional high pressure air tank instead of using liquid CO2.
"The SMACO electric air compressor is very compact and portable and It is suitable and convenient for filling your PCP or scuba tank anywhere. The compressor is designed with a professional transformer that can decrease current loss and avoid damage to the pump to increase its service life."

SMACO 4500 PSI PUMP.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT