• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spear fishing on the ballina area

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

speargrub

Mar 12, 2012
Hi,
I just thought ide put the call out to anyone who wants to do some spearing around Ballina NSW. Ive been doing a bit of spearfishing lately, im relatively new to the sport and just usually head out off the shoreline around Ballina when the swell is down enough. It feels a little bit dodgy being out in the water all the time without anyone else there, im pretty keen to explore the water off some of the headlands around here but im a bit to much of a wimp to go paddling around by myself. So all babble aside if anyone living around the area reads this and is keen to head out anytime let me know, would be good if nothing else to catch up and have a chat with someone else who does some spearing.

Hi,
I just thought ide put the call out to anyone who wants to do some spearing around Ballina NSW. Ive been doing a bit of spearfishing lately, im relatively new to the sport and just usually head out off the shoreline around Ballina when the swell is down enough. It feels a little bit dodgy being out in the water all the time without anyone else there, im pretty keen to explore the water off some of the headlands around here but im a bit to much of a wimp to go paddling around by myself. So all babble aside if anyone living around the area reads this and is keen to head out anytime let me know, would be good if nothing else to catch up and have a chat with someone else who does some spearing.

Get onto these guys and get down to a club meeting to meet people.

NSW Spearfishing Clubs | Adreno Spearfishing Supplies

It wouldn't be a good idea to be out diving by yourself if you're only new to the sport and if you're not familiar with the waters. Anything can go wrong. Are you familiar with the weather and how it affects the coast, do you have all the correct safety gear, do you know the fish limits. It's a lot easier when you're with someone that knows how.

Hey fitzy yeah im in agreement with you, i would much rather be out there with someone else. I surf the areas where i spear usually once a week or so, so i know the area reasonably well, im pretty limited to when i can go diving to when the swell is right down so that keeps me reasonable safe in those regards, ive been learning a bit more about the fish as well and i wear a shark shield for what its worth. But yeah for safety, education and funs sake ide much rather be out there with some other folk

Well make sure you atleast have a float and flag if your out on your own.

Have a look at spearoz, you'll get loads of guys there looking for a dive buddy.

Speargrub,

I know this post is pretty old, but worth a try.

I've just moved to Ballina from Syd and desperate for a spear! Conditions look incredable. A few lino's have pulled in bull sharks so I not sure about going solo anymore either!

Let me know if you're still keen, I'll make some time.

Cheers,
Ben

Ben,
If your still keen I'm near Ballina and looking for someone else to spear with. Send me a text 0432431724

Cheers,
Azz

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT