• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing buddies Vancouver Island - Nanaimo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PNW_spearo

Sep 5, 2018
Hey there, looking for spearfishing buddies on the island here. Relatively new at the sport but have had some good success over the past year. I do a mix of shore dives or take our dinghy out to some of the reefs around. If you're on the island and want to link up, shoot me a message!

Heyo! I'm in Victoria, also pretty new but love getting out as much as I can. Have you taken a course or met any others yet?

I'm in the Victoria area as well guys. Also new but been practicing Static Apea almost a year now and wanting to get into Freediving! Any facebook groups for this area?

New to Nanaimo area (2 months here now) and keen to get out regularly. Keen to dive multiple times a week, even through the winter. I've been out 5 times so far, off to Nanoose area this weekend. Can't wait for the Lingcod to be back in season!

It would be good to get a group together. Any takers?

Just out of curiousity, what sort of wetsuit do you guys use on the west coast? I'm in AB but would LOVE to get some spearing done in the Van/Vic area. What's the season? etc.

Would love to hear more about it!

Shawn

Having only moved here recently, I haven't figured out the season yet, but it's pretty quiet right now and there's not much you can catch on a spear. I quite like getting out regardless though, it beats Netflix. And octopus are in season all year (or they are at the moment anyway), so I'm always on the lookout for them!

I use a 7mm two piece open cell with integral hood. I'm chilly after 1 hour 20 minutes or so.

Do you dive in AB?

Having only moved here recently, I haven't figured out the season yet, but it's pretty quiet right now and there's not much you can catch on a spear. I quite like getting out regardless though, it beats Netflix. And octopus are in season all year (or they are at the moment anyway), so I'm always on the lookout for them!

I use a 7mm two piece open cell with integral hood. I'm chilly after 1 hour 20 minutes or so.

Do you dive in AB?

I used to scuba dive in AB but I haven't done any free-diving here yet. The water is so unbelievably cold even in the heat of summer that it's not very enjoyable for me. Additionally there isn't much chance of spearing anything in a glacial Alberta lake :) Although I suppose it could be good just for practice, training etc.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT