• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing designs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I'll have number 3 with a bass on it.
I too like number 3 best. Unusual & clever design. I particularly like the way the diver is drawn. I would be tempted to make the diver a little more prominent (maybe larger and closer to the middle?) and the fish perhaps a little less prominent (e.g. a tad smaller?). But maybe that wouldn't work as well overall?

I also like the "giant's cocktail" image a lot - that's very much how I feel/see myself in the water while spearing - and the sunshine often does stream through like that. I guess the border is a little confusing but it is quite attractive. I like the water surface detail.

Not so keen on the multi-coloured one - you have to get quite close to appreciate it (& read it) and discover that is about spearfishing. The setting sun motif might appeal to the Japanese forum members - as it could equally be a rising sun I suppose :) - in which case maybe you could use some Japanese text, e.g. 日本 やり釣

I too like number 3 best. Unusual & clever design. I particularly like the way the diver is drawn. I would be tempted to make the diver a little more prominent (maybe larger and closer to the middle?) and the fish perhaps a little less prominent (e.g. a tad smaller?). But maybe that wouldn't work as well overall?

I also like the "giant's cocktail" image a lot - that's very much how I feel/see myself in the water while spearing - and the sunshine often does stream through like that. I guess the border is a little confusing but it is quite attractive. I like the water surface detail.

Not so keen on the multi-coloured one - you have to get quite close to appreciate it (& read it) and discover that is about spearfishing. The setting sun motif might appeal to the Japanese forum members - as it could equally be a rising sun I suppose :) - in which case maybe you could use some Japanese text, e.g. 日本 やり釣

Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to know that people notice that I based these designs on personal experiences and feelings. Especially the last one.. that sunset takes me back to my trip to Hawaii everytime I look at it :D

I got the question of making the diver more prominent already and the picture below shows the result. If I make the diver any more bigger the whole perspective would be lost. But indeed I'm selling much more of the tuna shirts since I changed it.

I like the idea of the Japanese text but there is an obvious language problem :) Why is it of any importance for a Japanese whether it's a sunset or sunrise and what is the meaning of that text you wrote?

Attachments

• Speared Tuna White shirt (new).png
    Speared Tuna White shirt (new).png
    155.2 KB · Views: 152
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT