• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing DVDs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Namron

Aug 31, 2004
Hello all

Anybody know of any good spearfishing DVDs? Was looking mainly at European footage (bass and the like) but if other blue water type stuff is out there then would also be interested.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian - perhaps scuba store sell them ? Failing that I am pretty sure Dave at spearo.com would know / stock some.

Something that I havent looked for on amazon but they might be there too ? prob not actually on thinking about it...

A guy called Shane might know of some good ones - he is on this forum - not sure if a guy called Daiparan has taken any films but I am sure someone will know.

I am looking forward to my Christmas present ! (Just kidding - but might make a film this winter - prob be pretty pants but a mate has an underwater digital video camera so might be fun to record our blunders - I'll try and hook up with him this weekend and give you a shout if you are around).
(Went on Sat & Sun with Charlie - got a couple of nice bass and the "viz" was very good - [not the east coast !] - try and make it for this weekend if the weather is good )
Ed

get the Dapiran movies if you like euro footage, there are many many movies on the market nowadays but as I say if you want to collect them start with dapiran's movies.

We are finishing up a DVD about our spearfishing expedition to the enchanted islands in the sea of cortez. It should be ready by the beginning of Dec.

Grouper hunting.......

GTB
www.gonetobaja.com

I just bought Blue: Spearfishing the Californias, based on reco's from other spearos on another board. What a great DVD. All california stuff. Cool footage. Abalone hunting, Lingcod, Calico, Huge White Sea Bass, Huge Yellow Tail...plus footage from Giant Black Sea Bass, dolphins, and seals interacting with divers. Good stuff. A bit short, but highly recommended. Nicely made.

Hi guys

Many thanks for the notes on DVDs, will look into getting some. Any tips on videos that are good also welcome - although will have to get a video player as the last one just went in the skip!

Answering my own question at bit; I have bought a DVD from these chaps before : http://www.psv-video.com/ A french website but very easy to understand even with my pidgin French. I bought the DVD about spearing bass (bar) in Normandy off the wrecks from WWII D-Day landing etc. Some good footage and its translated into about 5 languages (inc. Engliash) - music is pretty cheesy mind, well it is French!! (Sorry my Southward neighbours but you don't have the best reputation in pop music!)

Ed - I'm up for a fish this weekend (Sat PM best) and some goofing about for the video camera. You are more than welcome to borrow the DVD.

Laters
Adrian

No worries Namron, even if we are not that good in pop music (well, french music is really crap in fact) we have the best cooking!!!

Anyway, in my opinion, the best spearfishing movies are:
Dapiran's ones -> The Best
I also do like the Juan franco Donatti ones (specially his first one on dentex)
and the PSD ones are quite nice also.
See Y'a

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT