• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearfishing gloves

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
it was all her idea ,if she thinks its a good idea to get new fins then she is probably right ,she,s right about this and i,m right about the fact that the downstairs toilet doesn,t need re-decorating { not by me anyway }

I dive in the NW US in water ranging from 7*-10*c and I have had great success with the yazbek 5mm gloves and socks. They are the warmest and toughest i have tried. Other gloves get torn up on fish and rocks prety fast. They are designed to be worn with a open or closed cell wetsuit though not sure how they will perform on a normal scuba suit.

Personal preference but I don't wear neoprene in the summer. All I use is a pair of [ame="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120906212498?hlp=false"]these[/ame] or [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056A44RY/ref=asc_df_B0056A44RY10544124/?tag=googlecouk06-21&creative=22134&creativeASIN=B0056A44RY&linkCode=asn"]1 Pair Of PU Coated Nylon Work Gloves All Sizes: Amazon.co.uk: Clothing@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/413ksyF6LHL.@@AMEPARAM@@413ksyF6LHL[/ame] size 8 or 9. They seem to stretch at the cuff quite a lot when permanently wet so I get a tight size. The cut resistant are not necessary but a little tougher and what I get at work so hey ho! ;)

In the winter I use a 2.5 or 3mm glove (usually of sailing/cycling origin as they are a little cheaper and tend to be a little more dextrous) with a pair of 'up one size to pull over the gloves' size 10 work gloves over the top.

The work gloves with the rubber dipped finger are the way forwards in terms of wear. I 'acquire' mine from work but they are available at any workwear (don't pay more than a 5er for a pair) shop and ebay. I use one set of each size a year. They don't really wear out but the rubber eventually starts peeling and you don't have to worry about every little thing you touch tearing through them. They let you have a right good rummage around without damage and don't spike through as easily as neoprene with the fish fins. They feel a little slippery when first wet but I think it is just a waxy or silicon residue which wears off quickly the first dive.

Cheap work gloves are the way forwards! and I haven't replaced a pair of neoprene gloves since. They simply don't wear out! :friday

They do a thermal/pile version which I am going to try this year on their own and see if they are sufficient.

thats my 2peneth worth

oh and socks are 3mm all year round. My advice would be don't try and keep hands and feet just warm enough. Thats when you feel it. Just let em go cold and they don't hurt after that. Just be careful when you get out and start walking on rocks as they won't work for a short while after getting out. A short burst of hot aches when you are out is a lot less painful than long term coldiness....oh........one other thing..........eat more pies & MAN UP! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT