• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Bali January 2011

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kernowsniper

Underwater Traveller
Jun 27, 2008
Hi,

Hopefully someone out there can help me :)

I'm arriving in Bali on January 9th for 3 weeks on a surf n spear mission. Probably staying in Kuta to start with until I can find some cheap accommodation around the Nusa Dua / Sanur area as the surf will be better there.. and hopefully the diving too.

I was going to bring my blades, weights and belt, 2 guns (hopefully 1 bluewater gun), float and line and the usual knife etc.. I expect to do some shore dives but would love to go after some bigger pelagics such as the Dogtooth Tuna you get out there.. I just need to find someone who I can hook up with when I'm there as experience is key when you are dealing with the dangers of bluewater hunting!

I have freedived up to about 20m.. 10-15 comfortably.

So.. if you.. or anyone you might know would be keen to hook up for some dives, I'd love to meet up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. Jim

Oh.. a bit about me! - I Live in Newquay, Cornwall (UK). I've been to Bali twice before but only to surf...Last trip I went out to Sumbawa with Captain Coconut and since then I have been selling surf trips for Rocky's 'Bali Wavehunter' and "Captain Coconut" trips for the last 4 years. I've been heavily into surfing for about 12 years. Been spearing about 3 or 4. January last year I had an operation on my hip which put me out of the surf for the best part of this year so I went all in on the spearing this year.. and it is now up there with surfing as my favourite things to do. In the UK we mostly spear bass.. cod.. mullet.. flatfish.. for which I had a good year. I was also involved in a UK record this year which was awesome.. first bluefin tuna ever speared in the UK.. 34lbs.. it was my friend who speared it but it took 2 of us to boat the fish! This is the sort of thing I want to do more of!!

So.. theres a bit about me.. I'll add a pic of the tuna (I'm the one on the right!) and a video link too.

Look forward to hearing from you! :)

[ame=http://vimeo.com/28616761]Spearfishing 2011 - Best of Summer on Vimeo[/ame]

285520_10150240594251922_715811921_8034461_248931_n.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT