• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in diba

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Salehthefish

Free Diver
Jul 6, 2008
This thursday am planning to camp at dibba and early on friday hope we will get something.

anyone knows good place there please let me know

~~pe@ce~~

Reactions: island_sands
Actually my friends asked me to go to khorfakkan instead and therfore we went there. we left sharja at 1:00 am and reach there at around 3:00 am. I usually maximum drive at 110 Km/hr. It was very hot outside with humidity. It was my first visit to khorfakkan and i just went there with no re arrangemeng for boat etc... We came there to a park and we played football then when the vision was clear to dive i put on my suit and i usually have instead of diving ballon a car tire i give it and put on top of it my stuff :blackeye We went in water and i went like 300 meters away from sea shore (was sandy place) Vision was not much clear and it was deep... All that area i couldnot sea but some small fish. there was mountain like 1 kms far away from were we stayed we swim to there and i didnot see any fish in my way to there.

When we started reaching the rocks here comes the nice views and the fish fish were small sizes but you could see fish with 200 grms 300 grms size. I caught one fish with 300 grms weight. also i caught one fish and i really need advice regarding that it was biggest fish i am catching ever !! Its like 2 Kgs and it is full with needles !!! all over its body when you see it in sea it looking normal with no needles when i give it the first shoot it took my spear and then escape after taking some from the reel then my friend saw the fish again and called for me this time it was not moving and sitting looking at me and no needles were there then i put my gun between the eyes and gave it shoot the spear tips went in but not enough i have another spear with rubber basic type of spears i gave it shoot in its eye after that two spears were in this fish and its needles where came out!!!
I put it inside my tire and it made small holes and there fore i had to go back walking on rocks to where we put our stuff LOLz.

conclusion...

1- Planning is most important in any trip write down everything and think carefully.
2- Diving buddy is so important and must.
3- if you have tire you are using bring another one with you LOLz.
4- Expect anything that may happen with you.

as newbie this what i learned from my trip this time :D

~~pe@ce~~

Salehthefish
it is summer now.. and you won't find a lot... wait till end of September

When we started reaching the rocks here comes the nice views and the fish fish were small sizes but you could see fish with 200 grms 300 grms size. I caught one fish with 300 grms weight. also i caught one fish and i really need advice regarding that it was biggest fish i am catching ever !! Its like 2 Kgs and it is full with needles !!! all over its body when you see it in sea it looking normal with no needles when i give it the first shoot it took my spear and then escape after taking some from the reel then my friend saw the fish again and called for me this time it was not moving and sitting looking at me and no needles were there then i put my gun between the eyes and gave it shoot the spear tips went in but not enough i have another spear with rubber basic type of spears i gave it shoot in its eye after that two spears were in this fish and its needles where came out!!!

~~pe@ce~~

did you eat this fish? i am interested to know as they are usually very toxic.

Oh thanx Jewa for telling me this but i really enjoy when its clear water and i can see the nice scenes underwater even if i didnot catch fish :D but really appreciate the advice do u know any place in UAE for good fish?

and island i even did not touch this fish :D Usually i am using car tire for floating and now i am going to upgrade to truck tire LOLz when i put in the fish all air came out bcoz the fish needles made holes imagine how bad this fish!! i even didnot eat the other fish becoz i put both in the same bag.

by the way i mentioned that i saw ray fish in theere khorfakkan its like 10 kgs or more shall i shoot it next time ? do u have an idea about it ?

~~pe@ce~~

Ray Fish is great... but don't shoot the black ones... the gray or brown are nicer... but if you want to shoot one.. make sure you hit it in the bone behind the eyes... other wise it will take you for a wild journey

The good places are on the east cost… I miss the days when we used to go to Dibba… now we do night spearfishing over there… it is nicer and more fish…
They say there is a place in Um Al Quien… I don’t know where.. but I’ll find it when I get my boat…

Spear fishing at night !!! would be very nice :O but how can u c underwater do u use some projector lights? Lemme know bcoz usually its so hot at day time

~~pe@ce~~

we use UK light... the vis at night much better, and with the white light we use, you get to see the true colors

You are technically not allowed to spearfish on the East Coast as I have seen the coast guard stop and arrest a few people.

We got arrested for diving near a warship that was 7 miles away.

A

I am not sure my friend where to dive exactly :mute:confused: but so far i have dive in sharja and in kho9rfakkan and in sharja the coast gaurd saw me and no one told me one thing!!! anyway thanx for the advice and i will check the rules here i will call the coast people on phone and see...

If anyone has any idea about this let me know ( I think i do not want to get busted in fishing LOLz)

~~pe@ce~~

7 miles away and got busted...hummmm..
i don't go far north... we stay closer down... i heared in sharjah it is allowed... and we all know that it is ok if you are 2 miles away from Dubai's cost.. which is the end of world island

Well, you are lucky. I dont spearfish as I dont really enjoy it and dont eat fish.

We were scuba diving on an oil tanker that sank on that side.
A

Hello everyone

So finally we found cheap hotel in Dibba.:)
We are going end of February.

Someone know how is situation with fish there?
If red bacterias desapeared?

Thanks,
Aleksejs

I have spoken to that captain and he told me that the red bacteria are not there anymore...

In Dibba so far i jsut know one spot to spear from shore... You can also call the captian to arrange for trip there in boat it is not costly around 300$ for 6 people...

all best

I have spoken to that captain and he told me that the red bacteria are not there anymore...

In Dibba so far i jsut know one spot to spear from shore... You can also call the captian to arrange for trip there in boat it is not costly around 300$ for 6 people...

all best

Thanks s lot, good news!
We will call him close to visit time.
Do you have his e-mail?

Thanks
P/S We also can share the boat with you or with oteher...What do you think?

Hallo I come in a few weeks to dibba just for vacation and I want also go to spearfishing it is trow that spearfishing is not allowed nearby the dibba rock
martin

Near Dibba rock it is diving resort what i know it is strictly not allowed there...

If you want to go for diving contact this guy 0504537378 his name is rashed he will take you to some spots where you can spearfishing... Price is 1000 dirhams for 6 people at boat more than this price will go more call him and check it out...

All best of luck for your dive...

only in AD...
in Dubai you have to be 2miles away from the beach... other places.. it is not clear

Ok
I want to bring my own speargun with me I think this is also allowed
I fish mostly on the east cost
Which kind of fish can i catch there in june and july

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT