• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Lisbon, Portugal

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Arthur Lemerle

Jan 28, 2018
Hi folks, I arrive in Lisbon on the 4th of February and I'm going to live there for a year and a half. I'd like to go spearfishing sometimes on weekends so I was just wondering :
- How can we get a spearfishing license in Portugal? (I have the french nationality btw).
- Where can I have more information about spearfishing regulations in Portugal?
- Do you guys know some good spearfishing spots not far from Lisbon?

If you live in Lisbon and practice spearfishing, hit me up (I'm a beginner).

Thank you very much :)

Hi, when i was in Portugal i've found all instructions for applying for licence here: https://www.dgrm.mm.gov.pt/web/guest/pesca-pl-licenciamento
but the site was in English... i cannot find "language" button :D But translator should od the work if not i suggest to write email with questions because process is a little complicated:pesca.ludica@dgrm.mam.gov.pt
I had to ask for licence at least 5 days before hunting then pay, send my ID information, information about date of hunting, and phone number - this needs to be correct You will receive SMS.

You have to chose "submarina" type of licence for spearfishing
Licence validity: “diária” – valid for 24h, „mensal” – valid for 1 month, or „anual” – valid for one year

Here You can find zones in which Spearfishing is forbidden: http://www2.icnf.pt/portal/ap/resource/ap/pnsacv/pnsacv-maritim-interdit-pesca

Hi folks, I arrive in Lisbon on the 4th of February and I'm going to live there for a year and a half. I'd like to go spearfishing sometimes on weekends so I was just wondering :
- How can we get a spearfishing license in Portugal? (I have the french nationality btw).
- Where can I have more information about spearfishing regulations in Portugal?
- Do you guys know some good spearfishing spots not far from Lisbon?

If you live in Lisbon and practice spearfishing, hit me up (I'm a beginner).

Thank you very much :)

Hi Arthur! I´m arriving at Cascais in July, also beginner spearo, so definetely keen to go out with a buddy. Let me know! Have you found some good spots around?
Rudi

Hi, I am also going to start spearfishing in cascais .l have alredy have used a polespear for a long time and wanted to know if I can buy a speargun and don't know the age requirement in Portugal(I am 14). Can anyone help me?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT