• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Norway

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Gareth22

Jun 30, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I live in London but go up to Trondheim/ Hitra a few time a year as my lady is from there.

Keen to take my kit there next time for a bit of spearfishing.

Does anyone know any spearos there or have any tips?

Thanks.

Hi,Hitra is one of the best spots in Norway,so bring your kit,you won't regret it. I will advise you to get a 7mm suit if you haven't got one. Lots of spearoes in Trondheim /Kristiansund area. If you're on Facebook, look up uv-jakt midtnorge or just uv-jakt. If not I can arrange contact with some mates from up there.

Here is a friend of mine with a small flattie

Attachments

• tmp_30788-IMG_289689390666068-1629348462.jpeg
    tmp_30788-IMG_289689390666068-1629348462.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 463
Hi Sjurba,

Thanks for your reply and for the pics! Wow! Makes me want to get out of London and head up there straight away.

Ill try get up to the cabin in Hitra early next next year. Will definitely take my kit!! It is one of my favorite places to go.
I am in Trondheim for Christmas so will try get some kit/weights over for now. I have a 7mm wetsuit. I wasn't quite sure of what thickness to get for Norwegian waters but it seems I made the correct decision. Thank you. Maybe an introduction to some of your mates in Trondheim would be good for next year :)

Cheers,
Gareth

Hi Gareth!
Here are some video(ir russian unfortunately) from spearfishing contest whitch took place in Hitra in october. There are few moments starting at 1'40'' with a halibut 74 kg, taken by lithuanian spearo.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT