• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in QATAR general info.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi all
i am coming to qatar next monday - 17th for a week at least, i would love to meet up with any locals who can show me some good spots and talk about spearfishing.
i am from the UK and spearfish almost every week
best
simon

Dear Friends,

I'm in Doha, I bought my equipment to spearfish and I looking for information to know where I can hire a small boat to start spearfish in Qatar, or if someone know any group that I can join will be even better.
As I'm without spearfish for many years I don't looking for deep water spots.

Thank you so much
All the best for everyone

André

Hey guy can anyone please give me a good destination in doha qatar for spearfishing grouper, king mackerel etc. and I need you to post the destination with map or gps if anyone can help please tell and thank you all

Hi all,

I'm heading to Qatar in March (2016) - I know this post is really old but i'd be up for meeting any local spearos?

Best regards

Ben

I left Qatar 5 years ago; but you can connect with StateOfQatar diving group (they have a shop) in the old town (Souk Wakif); MJK --Mohammad Al Kuwari and Khaled are the leaders in spearfishing there... (stateofqatar.com, you can also find them on facebook) Otherwise there are many local spearos but each organized into their 2-4 members small group.

Some of the best days of spearfishing I ever had there... You just gotta connect with the right folks!
If you got time; head to the southeastern most tip (Khor al Udaid) for an offroad tip + spearfishing. Since you are new; you will need a guide for the desert and its a huge vaste area (40km x20km) and you can easily be lost there and end up on the wrong side of the border... You will always need 4wd.

Good luck!
Gretings from North Carolina.
Cheerz

Hi Ben
If you are in Qatar now we can dive together free diving if you want

Hi guys,
I will be in Doha between 11 and 16 january for spearfishing and looking around. I am looking for buddies for spearfishing

let me know what you need and i'll try my best to bring it to you!!?:)

there is some places that I used to go ... see if your interested in any of them, and i'll try to map it to you...

2- Al Khor: (small road that go inside the sea about 200m, rocks in both sides.. usually you can find snapper and some times grouper there)

3- Al Gharia Resort: a nice resort 80km from doha taking the north road, the resort is going inside the sea, Rocks all around the resort mostly 1-3m deep... used to take emperor, snapper, groupers and cudas from there. (when the water is clear!!!!!!!!!) easy to reach and find!

4- Ras Broug: this area is very close to the bridge that will connect Qatar and Bahrain.... used to take lots of fish there, can be reached with a 2WD but its not recommended, tough road....... can be reached via Dukhan highway. A Guide is a MUST!

5- Khor Al odaid: one of the best places for spearfishing every thing, amazing views and sands .... after reaching Sealine resort .... you go off road, 4WD and a good Guide is a MUST!

BRACUDA ....... help me man to add more places ..... start with offshore ... then will go inshore!!!!:friday
Hi Sanad, I went to Ras Brouq recently and the shallows extend for like miles where I was at. Any more details on where exactely to go in Ras Brouq?

Hello, new in this forum and first post here. Do I need a license to spearfish in Qatar ? in there any laws and restrictions for the legal fish to catch or size ?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT