• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearfishing in the bahamas

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

venture

Jul 19, 2005
ive never been to port lucaya grand bahama.. ive only been to the abacos my whole life... for anyone who has been to port lucaya, it would be great if you could give me some idea on where to spearfish or some how else i can find out about some good spots

I did some slinging over there a little over a year ago, with some locals. We did pretty well in two days. They knew where to go for fish and where not to dive, because of a marine park.
Sorry, but I only know we went east a pretty fair distance.

Chad

Missed this thread, hope you haven't left yet. Try the jetties (there are 3 or 4 sets) all along that area at night for spotted lobster. They are smaller than the common spiny lobster, mahogony red with white speckles, fabulous eating. Catch them with a light, and thick gloves. Most will be near the surface. They are fast as lightning but not very strong. Just flat hand them against the rock you find them on and don't give'em time to think about the light. One hour after black dark(no moon) on a high tide is best.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Connor

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT