• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Tonga --- April may

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hebs

Mar 31, 2007
Hi guys

After having spent almost 5 months in beautiful New Zealand, I'm off to Tonga where I hope to get a lot of good spearfishing action going on.
I took up frediving after coming to NZ, and I am very enthusiastic about the sport.

If you are in the pacific, feel like going to Tonga and get a Danish divebuddy / trainingpartner, you are more than welcome. I'm staing in Tonga a month fro the 24 th of April.
If anybody can recommend good spots or know the people to talk to in Tonga, I'd be very much interested in that aswell.

Dive deep

Hebs

You might want to move this to the "Find a buddy and places to dive" Section.
Good Luck! - And welcome to DB! :wave

Hi Hebs,

Sounds just like my trip of two years!! Oz ,Nz, Tonga and Samoa!! spearing my way around the globe!
As for Tonga, get off tongatapu as soon as you can and head for Hapai or Va'vau. in Vavau you can rent a small boat with a 15 hp engine and explore all the headlands around port of refuge, best spot for doggies I found was the rip bettween mermaids (have a look on a map) and the wall around towards mariners cave. rino point is also good but as with all the spots you need to be happy in diving to 25m to shoot fish. The doggies are big!!!! I lost a 40-50kg fish which pulled two floats, bunggies and me down to about 5m!!!:martial I used a 1.3m breakaway ra. but was out gunned in power and range.

Ask max and chris in beluga divers (neiafu) as they may be able to put you onto a boat for some freedivng.

enjoy it out there but be carefull as there are some strong rips and big fish!!
out of intrest what guns and buoy set up will you be using??
Hope this helps

Dave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT