• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing licence for spain

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

merou

Oct 4, 2006
has anyone a idea, where I get a spearfishing licence for spain/costa brava? Thank's for feedback

Hi Merou, welcome to DB.

first go to an Estanco Shop ( Official shop that sells tobacco, stamps...) and buy for 3,50euros a certified medical certificate. Then go to the Spainish Doctor and get him to check you out for freediving/spearfishing he must write " APTO PARA LA PESCA SUBMARINA" on the certificate (20-40euros). Then goto to the Ramaderia de Pesca y Agricultra office, in any major town. Queue up and pay 13 euros for a pescasubmarina licence ( take your passport or drivers licence with you also) . Valid for one year from the date you got it.

Ask in the Ramadria for a chart/map on where you can spearfish and where you cannot spear. There is alot of National Park here.

have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris W and Huw
Thank's a lot johnny!

I'll check it next time when we're coming back to spain. Probably we're coming for a few days over christmas, for the christmas race...
We've got a house near palamos. Are there any spearfishingclubs/-groups?
Do the scubaschools offers as well spearfishingcourses?

Thanks

Merou

Yes in Palamos there is a Club called "Skaphos" i'll try and get the number for you, just watch this space. It is a really good area, a boat really helps.

Scubaclubs doing spearfishing courses i would definately think not !!

Just throw yourself in, early morning or late afternoon along the coast, in December you should find plenty of Sea Bass....

Good Luck.

Great!

The pescasub.net page is very informative. Exactly what i was looking for. I also got the numer of Skaphos.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: johnny
Hi im going to spain in april and am glad i have found this post, was not aware of needing a licence for Spain! Is there anyway I can sort this out in England before I go as I dont really fancy spending days sorting it out?

Thanks Chris

Having just returned from a trip to NW Spain I thought I'd better post this: Details posted here weren't quite right, at least for cantabria where I tried to get a permit. Here's what I found there...

Permits for Pesca Submarina are issued by the Local council (gobierno de cantabria) at the same place you get ordinary fishing licences (also needed for rod and line sea fishing) this is an office in most towns. They need to see:
1: Insurance, Accident and Public liability valid for the whole duration of the licence (which is for one year). Must specify spearfishing.
2: Medical certificate. Get this from a pharmacy (Farmacia) for EU3.50. Take it to a medical centre where a doctor can examine you and sign the form. "Apto para pesca submarina". I understand this can cost up to EU40 but the doctor I saw did it for free.
Unfortunately I didn't have sufficient Insurance I had hoped my Travel Insurance would have covered me-it specifies snorkelling, scuba and fishing individually but not specifically spearfishing, so I never got a licence despite making the effort!
I went in anyway and had some good fishing, no-one asked to see a licence but the peace of mind would have been nice. At least now I know I'm physically fit to fish!!

what about licence from decathlon shop ? i´d heard that they are not realy accepted by those who cheking the licence ..
anyway who is cheking those license on sea waters ?
costal guard or so called agentes rural or ?

anybody can provide direct link where i can read all about ? no matter english or spanish language

hey i live in spain,
basically you can only get the license locally. the thing is as someone previously mentioned
you can only get the license if you have a medical certificate, which imo is the worst part. obviously if you live there you will have a doctor you know, and they may do it for free, but like this theyll probably try to rip you off. anyways once you have that you need to go to the government place and ask for a license which i think only takes like a week^^
so yea you can see where im going with this :D

The normal cost for the medical certificate is around 40 -60 euro depending on who does it. Don't forget insurance, that's also required. Once you go to the local delegation of the Ministry of Agriculture where you get the licence, it's immediate, at least in Figueres. You go in, wait in line, pay (around 13 euros) and get it then and there.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT