• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Madeira

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

HeyhoFlow

Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm going on vacation for a couple of days to Madeira from 25th-30th of june. I would love to do some spearfishing there and was wondering if any of you got any tips and might just want to go spearfishing with me. Mind you, I'm really new to this activity but always willing to learn.
A little bit about myself: I'm 32 years old and from Germany. I'll be on vacation with my wife and it's our first time on Madeira. So we're really looking forward to this little trip of ours.
Any and all tips are welcome of course!

See you around and thanks in advance.

P.S.: I'd also like to know what food you can forage and collect on the shores of Madeira. Any mussels, percebes, crabs or clams? And how do you collect them? Are you even allowed?

Hi everyone,

I'm going on vacation for a couple of days to Madeira from 25th-30th of june. I would love to do some spearfishing there and was wondering if any of you got any tips and might just want to go spearfishing with me. Mind you, I'm really new to this activity but always willing to learn.
Any help with where to get a licence is welcome, too!
A little bit about myself: I'm 32 years old and from Germany. I'll be on vacation with my wife and it's our first time on Madeira. So we're really looking forward to this little trip of ours.

P.S.: I'd also like to know what food you can forage and collect on the shores of Madeira. Any mussels, percebes, crabs or clams? And how do you collect them? Are you even allowed?

Sorry about this mess ^^ first time posting here and I merely tried to edit my original post.

Any help with where to apply for a licence is super welcome, too!

Hi everyone,

Hello there HeyhoFlow....madeira is a great place to go , i have been spearfishing there several times , you will need a licence it cost i think around 5 e for a short period or 15 per year , you should be able to obtain it in one day , better chance to see more fish is on the north side ..access points ponta delgada look up piscina there once you arrive you will know , you can go from sao vicente ...riberia de janela as far as i remember ..i prefer north but be aware its more chalenging and dangerous do not go if sea is not calm ..then you go from south ..paul de mar or riberia brava or canical...lovely dives water usually calmer and more sun but hh less fish

Sorry about this mess ^^ first time posting here and I merely tried to edit my original post.

Any help with where to apply for a licence is super welcome, too!
licence

Melhores cumprimentos,

Maria Elisabete Pereira de Gouveia

Chefe de Divisão de Lotas - Direção Regional de Pescas - Direção de Serviços de Lotas e Entrepostos Frigoríficos

E-mail : elisabetegouveia @ gov- madeira.pt

Tel .: 291 203 200 Ext .: 330

www.madeira.gov.pt

Secretaria Regional de Agricultura e Pescas

Edifício da Sociedade Metropolitana de Câmara de Lobos, Praça da Autonomia

9300-138 Câmara de Lobos

Thank you very much!
Now I'm really looking forward to this. I'll write a mail about the licence right away.

Hello Heyho Flow and Maccaron

I am planning to go at the end of this month for 3 days. Is this a good time of the year? What did you manage to catch? Do you have any suggestions for anyone to take me out?This is very "last minute" so any advicewould be appreciated
J

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT